Ocho Rios Super Saver Green Grotto Caves plus Dunn's River Falls from Ocho Rios
Combine two of northern Jamaica’s most popular natural attractions into one Ocho Rios Super Saver! First, visit Green Grotto Caves, where you can see stalagmites and stalactites and admire the pristine underground lake. Then head to Dunn’s River Falls, one of Jamaica’s most famous sights. Swim and play in the pools formed by the waterfalls, climb all the way to the top of the falls if you wish or hang out on the deck located next to Dunn's River to relax! Hotel transport is included for your convenience.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport between attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select hotels
- Entry/Admission - Green Grotto Caves
- Entry/Admission - Dunn's River Falls and Park
What's excluded :
- Optional water shoe rental at Dunn's River Falls (approx. USD $5)
- Food and drinks (snacks and drinks are available to purchase at Dunn's River Falls)
- Green Grotto Caves:
After hotel pickup, head west along Jamaica’s northern coast to Green Grotto Caves, about 20 miles (32 km) from Ocho Rios. When you arrive, you have about one hour to explore the limestone caves, which get their name from the green algae that cover the walls.
See the caves’ stalagmites, stalactites and crystal-clear underground lake, and hear about their fascinating history, which includes being an escape route during the English invasion of the 1600s and a hiding place for barrels of rum during WWII. Watch for one of the several species of bats that live in the caves, and look for small marine life like barnacles.
When your time is up, head back to your tour vehicle for the drive to Dunn’s River Falls.
Dunn’s River Falls:
An approximate 25-minute drive back toward Ocho Rios takes you to Dunn’s River Falls, one of Jamaica’s most popular natural attractions, known for its lush setting and for its roles in the James Bond movie Dr. No and the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail. Often called a living phenomenon because it’s continuously rebuilt from calcium carbonate and sodium deposits in the river, Dunn’s River Falls is one of the only waterfalls in the world that empties directly into the sea.
When you arrive, you have an hour of free time to enjoy the falls however you wish. Just relax on the deck located near Dunn's River to admire the falls, go swimming in the natural pools at the bottom or, if you’re up for a little adventure, climb up to the top of the 600-foot (180-meter) terraced falls. As you walk up the ‘steps’ made by the naturally chiseled rocks, stop along the way to swim in one of the small lagoons that have formed on the different levels. When you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded with a nice view. (The rocks can be slippery, but there are guides along the way to help you.)
After your Dunn's River Falls experience, return to Ocho Rios for hotel drop-off.
Departure Point :Select Ocho Rios hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: It is recommended you wear / bring water shoes for Dunn's River Falls
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.