Off the Beaten Path: Semi Private Rome Food and Wine Walking Tour in Testaccio
Explore and learn about the gourmet delights in Rome, past and present as you enjoy 16 incredibly fresh flavors of the regional specialties in this 3.5-hour small-group food walking tour in Rome. The group size is limited to 8 people for a more personalized experience.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- 3.5-hour food walking tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Together with your passionate foodie, you will browse an ancient Rome´s foodie neighborhoods, sip rich Italian coffee, taste deliciously fresh pasta from an award winning trattoria, visit a century- old pastry shop that has been running for generations, sample the best gelato in town, and relax with 3 glasses of wine from different regions of Italy and more.
15 different tastings are included, learn about the traditions behind the culinary scene from your expert foodie visit a local market and a winery small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience. When in Rome, eat as the Romans do.
Italian usually starts their day at a cafe, so you will follow your guide to a typical Italian coffee bar where you will get to learn about the local roasting process besides sipping the delicious coffee. You will then head off with your guide to discover the foodie district where you can browse and indulge yourself in different gourmet produce, taste real buffalo mozzarella and enjoy freshly made pasta, suppli` ... where you will get to learn more about local dishes and ingredients. Our next stop is a popular established bakery shop where you can further enjoy deserts that are highly sought after by locals and travelers alike.
Your tour continues to a local wine shop, also known as enoteca where you will try different regional wines accompanied with cheese. During the tasting, you will learn about the origin of food and wine from your guide. After tasting some more food, our last stop is at one of Rome´s best gelato shops where you will savor freshly made gelato.
The tour will end at a conveniently located location for public transportation.
Departure Point :Province of Rome, Province of Rome, Lazio
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers of 3 applied. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.