Oistins Fish Lovers' Food Tour
Guided walking tour of Oistin’s dockyard
Guided tour of Oistin’s the fish market
Learn about the history of Oistins Fish Market
Sample local freshly prepared fish meals and snacks at three stops
Relax and absorb the coastal view of the town at Miami Beach.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Transportation to the meeting point and transportation from the end point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oistins Fish Market, Oistins, Barbados
Oistins is located on the South Coast of Barbados and operates primarily as a fishing village. Oistins is considered the fourth town of Barbados. This major fishing port on the island of Barbados has a fish market and jetty and you’ll see boats bringing ashore freshly caught fish such as Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Kingfish, Marlin, and the local delicacy (and one half of our national dish) flying fish. There is also a big fishing complex complete with an ice factory for the fisherman to fill their boxes and go out for a week at a time, only returning when the iceboxes are full. Many local men are descendants of generations of the fisherman who have passed on the knowledge of the sea around Barbados and particular fish catching skills. They use methods such as hand lines, nets, and fish pots. The “official” fishing season is from December to April.
On this tour you will tour the jetty, fish market, as well as visit some craft vendors all within the fishing commune that’s Oistin’s Market. You will also sample Bajan fish based fare at three different stops. The tour will end on Miami Beach where you will relax and view the town’s coastline.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Oistins Main Road, Oistins Main Rd, Oistins, Barbados
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Oistins Police Station, Enterprise Beach Rd, Oistins, Barbados
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for persons with severe mobility restrictions
- Not recommended for strict vegans or vegetarians
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.