Old Bangalore town_Pettah walk
This 3-hour curated walk lets you explore the old town of Bangalore called in local parlance as the "Pete" or the Pettah. Learn more about the founder of Bangalore, the king Kempe Gowda and his vision of Bangalore. The guide takes you 481 years ago when this city was founded. Here you get to explore not only the temples and mosques but also the different trades that are still practiced in the many parts of the old town. Also included a a traditional South Indian breakfast & a visit to the largest wholesale market in South India.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private local guide
- Breakfast [Morning]
- Snacks [Evening]
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks, except breakfast for the morning tour option
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Kempe Gowda founded the city in 1537, but today there's hardly any trace of the fort that he built around the Pettah or the town.
Meet your guide at your selected departure in front of Kempe Gowda's statue. From here he will take you on a visit a few structures like a temple a mosque, a huge market, etc. Along the way learn about the history of the Kempe Gowda's in the 16th century as well as the town planning of Bangalore town. Learn more about the town planning of ancient cities in India too.
The guide will give you a detailed description of the town as well as the many legends and tales of valor which helped form Bangalore. After a hearty breakfast head-out to explore a famous temple, a mosque and a bustling flower market. In between the sight seeing indulge in some window shopping too. But the highlight of this tour has to be a view some of the professions being practiced here even today like Silk weaving.
This walk is conducted by native Bangaloreans with years of extensive research, travel and publications on this subject, some of which is exclusive.
Departure Point :Kempe Gowda statue in front of BBMP head office in NR square.
Return Detail :The walk ends at the Southern entrance of Avenue road next to KR market on Mysore road.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Price is fixed per group with a minimum of 1 person per tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress modestly
- For breakfast only: Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.