Old Delhi Food Tour with Lunch
Begin the tour with your private guide and driver and tuck into the savory and sweet flavors of Old Delhi on this popular food tour that highlights the culinary delights of this diverse city. Follow your friendly guide through busy streets and back alleys on a quest for the most delicious dishes Delhi has on offer. Visit several food spots including tiny street vendors and 100 year old restaurants, enjoy rickshaw ride and walk thru the spice market on this memorable experience.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel
- Transport by AC vehicle
- English speaking guide
- Bottled drinking water (2 bottle per person)
What's excluded :
- Tips to driver & guide
- Any other sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chandni Chowk, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Pick up from your hotel in Delhi and proceed to experience the Old Delhi food tour with our experienced tour guide.
Each region of India has its unique street food and Delhi is no exception. A food tour through crowded markets of famous Old Delhi, will help you to experience the local street food of Delhi at famous food shops of the city. You will be visited around 6-7 different food stalls/shops, each one of them are in family business for decades, some being as old as 100 + years. Visit our favorite vendors in Old Delhi and try the local specialties chole bature, dahi bhalla and aloo chat, as well as parathas, lassi and the very sweet but delicious jalebis and the local equivalent of rice pudding and bread and butter pudding. All of these dishes are vegetarian but meat eaters will have the option to try perfect kebabs, rich mutton korma, delectable phirni, fried chicken and the likes, at Matia Mahal, the de facto centre of Mughalia cuisine in the city.
In addition to sampling the best of Old Delhi’s street food, we will also do some sightseeing as we explore the largest spice market in Asia, take a stroll along Chandni Chowk and stop to admire the imposing Jama Masjid. We will absorb the hustle and bustle of the narrow streets as we visit different locations by rickshaw.
After the tour drop back to your hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/22/2020 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.