Old Edinburgh Walking Tour
Edinburgh's Old Town has a long and eventful past. Explore the area within the Old City Walls. Hear stories of our city's character, some real and some fictional. Walk Through the Closes and discover many hidden gems with a sprinkle of Harry Potter and Outlander too.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Walking Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gladstone's Land, 477B Lawnmarket Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2NT Scotland
Starting point and one of Edinburgh's oldest buildings.
Pass By: Writers' Museum, Lady Stairs House Lady Stair's Close Lawnmarket Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2PA Scotland
Lady Stair's House
Pass By: Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1, UK
Part of the Royal Mile
Pass By: Edinburgh Castle, Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG Scotland
Viewed from the outside only
Pass By: Riddle's Court, Riddles Court 322 Lawnmarket Patrick Geddes Centre, Edinburgh EH1 2PG Scotland
A Royal Mile Hidden Gem
Pass By: 21 Grassmarket Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 2HS Scotland
Once the site of markets, executions and is still at the heart of the Old Town
Pass By: Greyfriars Kirk, 1 Greyfriars Place Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 2QQ Scotland
Hear about the history of the Kirk, the Burial Ground, the Dog and Harry Potter.
Pass By: St Giles' Cathedral, High Street Historic Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RE Scotland
Viewed from the outside
Pass By: Mercat Cross, Parliament Square, Edinburgh Scotland
Hear about what went on here
Pass By: Edinburgh City Chambers, 45-329 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1PN Scotland
What lies beneath the city chambers?
Pass By: John Knox House Museum, 43-45 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SR Scotland
Viewed from the outside
Pass By: Tweeddale Court 14 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1TE Scotland
History and Outlander
Pass By: The World's End, 2-8 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
How did it get it's name?
Departure Point :477 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2NT, UK
Return Detail :The World's End, 2-8 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- The guides do have masks available and hand sanitiser. Please do not be offended when the guide does not shake hands and stands well back. This is for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.