Old Kakopetria & Agios Nicolaos tis Stegis UNESCO church (from Protaras)
The experience presents the traveller with two very authentic attractions in rural, semi-mountainous Cyprus. Both are highly recommended for those who want to experience the island's rich cultural heritage. The short walk next to the stream in Kakopetria adds a small natural component to the trip.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Snacks - No food or drinks are included in the package
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palia Kakopetria, Old Kakopetria Village, Kakopetria 2800 Cyprus
Stone built old Kakopetria is for many one of the most picturesque villages in Cyprus. It is characterised by very specific architecture (stones of the area together with mud and straw sun-dried bricks, and tiled roofs), narrow alleys, and a laid back atmosphere. The presence of two streams to the east and west of the the old quarter add to the relaxing ambiance of the place. Usually we meander through the alleys, visit a small museum and walk a bit in the trail found next to one of the two streams. Depending on visitors preferences and time availability we can also stop for coffee or even a meal.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis Church, Agios Nikolaos tis Stegis, Kakopetria Cyprus
It used to be a monastery founded around 1,000 years ago. Basically the only thing that remains now is the church. It is covered with frescoes from different centuries. The colours are vivid and stunning. One could spend many hours looking to the frescoes. Usually we stop here for under 30 minutes, which are usually are enough to grasp the magic of the place. The curch is closed on Mondays.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup travellers from any preagreed location in Protaras
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.