Old San Juan & Ron del Barrilito Rum Factory Full-Day Tour
Understand why Old San Juan and rum making have been an essential part of Puerto Rico’s history through centuries. At the Old San Juan sightseeing and walking tour, you will explore one of Puerto Rico’s most iconic touristic destinations, learn about its fascinating history, unique forts, impressive architecture and admire the blue cobblestones streets and charming colorful houses.
Then enjoy a more intimate and engaging experience at the island’s premier rum distillery. Learn about the history and unique craftsmanship of Ron del Barrilito, the oldest Puerto Rican rum, still made in the same place and in the same way since 1880. You’ll see the Hacienda’s several historical landmarks, learn about the Fernández family who created Ron del Barrilito and get an in-depth walk through along the age-old process that makes Ron del Barrilito one of a kind. Tour includes a premium cocktail drink.
Minimum age is 18 years old. Minimum tour group size is 4 people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Rum Distillery Tour Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission - Old San Juan
- Entry/Admission - Ron del Barrilito Visitor Center
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old San Juan, San Juan Puerto Rico
Bright and early, will head to the colonial town of Old San Juan, considered one of the oldest in America and a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Beginning with a sightseeing drive, including picture stops, will give you the chance to appreciate the landmarks of the Capitol Building, San Cristobal Fort and El Morro Fort. Then at the walking tour, learn about the fascinating history, unique forts, the City Walls, the impressive architecture and admire its cobblestones streets and charming colorful houses, surrounded by amazing views to the San Juan Bay.
After the walking tour, our lunch break will be in one of the many restaurants around the Historical District, before departing to the rum distillery location.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ron del Barrilito Visitor Center, Carretera 5, Bayamon 00961 Puerto Rico
Upon arrival, enjoy one complimentary Ron del Barrilito rum cocktail at the Visitor’s Center before beginning the Heritage (Historical) Tour. This will be a more intimate and engaging experience with small groups.
This tour will take you back in time to show you how the world’s finest sipping rum has been made through the years. Since 1880, Ron del Barrilito has been made in the same way at Hacienda Santa Ana in Bayamón. You’ll see the Hacienda’s several historical landmarks, including a beautifully preserved mansion and windmill dating all the way back to the early nineteenth century. You’ll learn about the Fernández family who created Ron del Barrilito. And, last but not least, you’ll get an in-depth walkthrough along the age-old process that makes Ron del Barrilito one of a kind.
After the tour ends, you will have some time to relax for a while at Hacienda Santa Ana’s grounds, enjoy more cocktails at the bar or explore the gift shop.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up Time starts at 8:30am.OLD SAN JUAN GUESTS - All guests staying in Old San Juan will be picked up only at "Plaza Colón" (Colón Square).
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- All visitors arriving to PR are required by government to provide a Covid Molecular Test negative result taken 72 hours or less prior of arrival or will be subject to self-quarantine for 14 days. Evidence of the COVID NEGATIVE RESULT is required to participate on this tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.