Old San Juan Deluxe Walking Tour
Visit one of the oldest cities in the world, San Juan, founded by the Spanish in 1521 AD. Get to know Old San Juan's history and sights on this walking tour of the city! With an expert local guide, you will discover the neighborhoods and learn about the powerful colonial influence. Starting from the Historical Hotel El Convento in Old San Juan, your local guide will take you on a 2.5 hour walking tour along the Paseo de la Princesa (Princess Promenade) to the La Fortaleza, which is currently the official residence of the Governor of Puerto Rico and the Castillo San Felipe del Morro.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional historian/tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Catedral Metropolitana Basilica de San Juan Bautista
- Entry/Admission - Castillo San Felipe del Morro
What's excluded :
- Transportation not included (unless booking tour option with transportation from San Juan or Rio Grande)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old San Juan, San Juan Puerto Rico
Get to know Old San Juan's history, architecture and sights on this walking tour of the city! With an expert local guide, you will discover in depth the neighborhood and culture, while learning about it's powerful colonial influence.
Departing from the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista your local guide will take you along Paseo de la Princesa (Princess Promenade) to the Fortaleza, which is currently the official residence of the Governor of Puerto Rico. You will walk thru the city's brimming with colors and cobble stone streets, and have magnificent picture opportunities.
Some sights and landmarks you will see are:
San Juan Gate (built in 1520 to guard the city from the harbor), Ballaja Barracks (built by the Spanish militia for housing in 1864), San Jose Church and Plaza, El Convento Hotel and Plaza del Quinto Centenario.
Your guide will be happy to answer any questions you have about additional sightseeing, dining or shopping plans once the tour has concluded.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Catedral Metropolitana Basilica de San Juan Bautista, 151 Calle Del Santo Cristo, San Juan 00901-1521 Puerto Rico
As part of the multiple stops we will do during this walking tour, we will visit the San Juan Bautista Cathedral (subject to opening hours). Ask about Juan Ponce de León's tomb!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Castillo San Felipe del Morro, 501 Calle Norzagaray, San Juan 00901-1213 Puerto Rico
We will visit this historical and world wide known fortress, that was built in 1539 and played such an important role to the city and soldiers.
In the event you have mobility issues or prefer, can choose to visit the San Cristobal fort instead. Entrance fee included only to one fort.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel El Convento, 100 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum of 4 persons required for tour to operate.
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.