One day - Burmese Language & Culture Adventure
- WARNING -
You will not see any fancy or touristy places during this tour.
But, if you want an authentic experience of Myanmar’s everyday life - this is THE TOUR for you!
The adventure tour consists of two parts:
1. Exploring the unique culture, traditional, language, history and food of the country and its people in the maximum fun and exciting way.
2. Discovering the hidden villages on the other remote side of the river and experiencing the village lifestyle YOURSELF as a local.
We promise to give you an AMAZING experience you’ll never forget!
All transportation throughout the day, food and drinks included in price.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Food tasting in markets
- Light refreshments
- Tea & coffee
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
We will start the day with a cup of coffee or tea & appetizer at our post colonial style house.
After a short introduction about your tour guide (me), we will learn a little bit of “survival” Burmese words for better communication with locals - which definitely will bring you and locals closer later on during your trip in Myanmar.
We will leave the house, and begin our adventure by walking to a local market. I’ll challenge you to duel - to see if you can haggle your way through the market with the words you’ve just learnt.
On the way back from the market, we will have young handsome men carry us home, where we’ll prepare our first traditional dish together - the most famous Burmese dish - using a hundreds year old recipe.
Traveling is not all about seeing new places. It’s also about getting to know its history, culture & traditions. We will unveil the exciting 1,000-year evolution of the land of Burma – from the the 9th century till common era, while perceiving its culture and traditions.
Time for lunch!!!
I will reveal to you my secrets to preparing the BEST Burmese signature dish - you are bound to love!
“Bon Appétit… and leave some space for dessert.”
The adventure continues in the hidden villages:
After lunch, we will take a relaxing boat ride to the unseen places on the other side of the river.
We will visit to 3 villages where there is authenticity, humbleness and (a lot of) smiles.
It’s hard to put the experience that you will get in the villages in words - I’d just describe that you will have an UNFORGETTABLE time.
We will come back to this side of the river at dusk, and we’ll venture straight to the vibrant night market and experience the local nightlife while tasting a lot of delicious street food. (I promise you will love it!)
At approximately 6:00PM, we will be back home, and that is where we will say goodbye.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Linn Loon Street, Linn Loon St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There will be only vegetarian & vegan food.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.