One day private tour from Sofia to Glozhene Monastery and Saeva dupka cave
Оne-day TOUR including a unique natural landmark - the most beautiful cave in Bulgaria and a touch of cultural and historical heritage - Glozhenе Monastery
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- We will pick you up from your accommodation in Sofia. Just an hour and a half driving distance from Sofia, you’ll find one of the most spectacular caves in all of Bulgaria - Saeva Dupka Cave. The cave is, filled with massive stalagmites, stalactites, and other fantastic cave formations. The height of the cave varies from 8 meters to 32.5 meters over the various halls, with a total area of about 3,500 square meters. The age of the cave is between 1 and 3.4 million years. Тhe cave is absolutely stunning, and is not accidently called the “underground pearl of Bulgaria”. The cave consists of five halls.
Acoustics in one of the halls is remarkable, so many concerts have been performed here.
We continue to the Glozhene Monastery where we will have lunch. The monastery is located about 17 km from the village of Glozhene, from where comes its name. It is believed that in the 13th century the Kiev prince Gloj, who received the region as a gift from Tsar Ivan Asen II, built in the area the monastery of St. Preobrazhenie and a small fortress. The monastery consists of a church and residential buildings. They make a round yard around the church. It is set on a high stone terrace and is surrounded by steep rocks that give it the appearance of a monastery-castle. The monastery offers a unique panoramic view of northern Bulgaria. We will spend some time in the area and then we will set back to Sofia and your accommodation.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Vrazhdebna Airport, Sofia Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.