One Day Private Tour to Ancient Olympia with a special visit at a Honey Farm
A day-visit to Olympia, an UNESCO World Heritage site and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, one of the four most worshipped athletic event in the Ancient Greek world, is never enough.
Visit the Temple of Zeus, once decorated with a gold and ivory statue of the father of Gods, crafted by the famous Phidias which was among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Enter the Stadium form the crypt and find yourself in another era. Feel the athletes running around the Stadion and the cheers of the funs! Later on, you may visit the Archaeological museum which houses plastic art masterpieces like the Hermes of Praxiteles and the Nike (Victory) of Paionios and the sculptures once decorating the Temple of Zeus.
Before leaving Olympia for the return to Athens, we will visit a local honey farm, for a rest at its gardens. While sipping a glass of fresh juice or a cup of Greek coffee with a hand-made quince spoonful sweet.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation & English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Pick up & Drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Visit at Honey Farm
- Fresh Juice, Greek coffee & hand-made quince spoonful sweet during the visit of the farm
- Bottled water
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Meals / personal expences
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Our driver will meet you at your hotel, at 08:30 hrs, and will depart for Ancient Olympia, following the highway to Peloponnese.
After about 1 hour drive, we will reach the Corinth Canal, where we will make a short stop for rest and taking pictures. Its iron bridge was the only road entrance to Peloponnese until the new Rio-Antirrio bridge (almost an hour and a half drive to the east) opened in August 2004. Mid-range cruisers and smaller ships still use the narrow canal to cross from the Aegean Sea to the Ionian sea, so that they cut short their long trips.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Olympia, Archea Olympia, Olympia 27065 Greece
Following the highway to Patras (a significant commercial and passenger port of Greece), we will reach the village of Olympia, grew to be the most celebrated sacred site of Ancient Greece, and the birthplace of the Olympic Games, the most important sports events in all antiquity: starting from 776 B.C. Walk around the site and admire the Temple of Zeus, once housing the gold and ivory statue of the god, considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Hera – one of the oldest monumental temples of Greece, the Bouleutyrion housing the Organizing Committee of the Games and possibly the umpires and finally the Stadium, where the actual Games were held. On completing the visit of the site, you will find yourself in the nearby archaeological museum housing plastic art masterpieces such as the Hermes of Praxiteles
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Olympia, Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
Then, you will some free time in the village of Olympia, for shopping or lunch, before we visit a local honey farm, where under the shade of the trees we will have a coffee / juice and enjoy hand-made local desserts all made with honey produced in this farm for generations. The owner will explain how village people made their living, then and now, at the same land. You will take you to the time of their grandparents and they will explain how village people made their living and how i make mine these days from the same land. Through the presentation of beekeeping tools, you will be introduced to the life of bees from ancient times until today.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
After a 3-hour drive, using the same highway, we will return to your hotel in Athens.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or your design point.Also we will meet you at Athens airport with extra changePorts
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Upon your booking please advise us the pick up place
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.