One Day Tandem Kayaking Adventure Tour in Jinja
Looking for the biggest adrenaline rush on the Mighty Nile? Tandem kayaking lets you take on some of the biggest and best rapids in a single day. Facing huge wave trains, crashing white water, and powerful hydraulics, it’s a team effort between you and your guide to making it through all of the rapids successfully.
No experience necessary.
The most extreme way to see the river.
Full day trip on some of the world’s best grade 5 white water.
Fun and safe way to experience the Nile’s world-famous white water with an expert guide in the kayak with you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Kayaking fees
- 4×4 safari car
What's excluded :
- Visa fees
- Insurance cover
Our driver will pick you up very early in the morning at 6:00 AM, from your hotel in Kampala, for a 2 hours’ drive to Jinja.
On arrival in Bujagali, you will meet your guides and fellow kayakers. You will be briefed and receive all the necessary safety equipment for your adventure ahead.
The first half of the day is made up of a wide range of easier rapids to test out all your skills. You are given all the necessary instructions, and a chance to practice them, and will try surfing little waves, dodging out of the rapids into eddies and back into the rapid again. Lunch provides the fuel, and the mornings skills provide the confidence to take on some epic rapids in the afternoon.
We stop before all grade 4 and 5 rapids to explain to you the planned route through. There are easier and harder options through or around all the rapids, so if at any time you feel you would prefer to go down the easiest line or even walk around and then rejoin later, this is absolutely fine. Calm stretches of water separate the rapids – perfect for getting your breath back, taking a swim and enjoying the scenery.
Later set off for your return trip to Kampala, reaching late evening.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in Kampala
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.