One Day Tour to Ancient Sparta, Mystras & Memorial of Leonidas from Athens
Enjoy a private one day trip to Mystras & Ancient Sparta from Athens Greece, exploring the famous Ancient Sparta & the byzantine town of Mystras, with the comfort and safety of our chauffeured services. Outstanding destination within reach from Athens. Escape the city buzz and visit the tower town of Mysrtas, the Museum of Olive Oil in Sparta, the Memorial of Leonidas in Sparta....
Visit Sparta, founded in the 9th century and developed into the most powerful military city.
Visit the “Valley of Keada”, where it is said that the Spartans threw off the cliff traitors, criminals and perhaps their disabled children.
Stroll through the byzantine town of Mystras, the Upper Town and the Lower Town whose architecture creates a dreamy setting. Walk through the medieval churches mansions and palaces of the Byzantine Empire with your mind’s eye visualise Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up & Drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Private transportation & English speaking driver
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Meals / personal expences
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Our driver will meet you at your hotel, at 08:00 hrs, and will depart for Mystras, following the highway to Peloponnese.
After about 1 hour drive, we will reach the Corinth Canal, where we will make a short stop for rest and taking pictures. Its iron bridge was the only road entrance to Peloponnese until the new Rio-Antirrio bridge (almost an hour and a half drive to the east) opened in August 2004. Mid-range cruisers and smaller ships still use the narrow canal to cross from the Aegean Sea to the Ionian sea, so that they cut short their long trips.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mystras, Mystras, Sparta Municipality, Laconia Region, Peloponnese
We continue by arriving to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras. Let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendor, wander around the castle city in the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Walk through the medieval churches mansions and palaces of the Byzantine Empire with your mind’s eye visualize Frankish princes and princesses living in palatial mansions; foreign delegations arriving bearing gifts, and peasants, pilgrims or traders filling the bustling streets. A visit to the Archaeological Museum will help you get a deep insight into the rich history of the area which takes the visitor on a journey through time.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sparta, Sparta, Sparta Municipality, Laconia Region, Peloponnese
The next stop will be in in Sparta to see the Statue of Leonidas, will visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta!
We will pass from Taygetus mountain to visit the “Valley of Keada”, famous from mythology period. The ancient Spartans threw off the cliff their disabled children. But there is also another myth saying that the ancient Spartans threw off the cliff people condemned to death, the perjurers, traitors, criminals and prisoners of war.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
After a 3-hour drive, using the same highway, we will return to your hotel in Athens.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or your design point.Also we will meet you at Athens airport with extra changePorts
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Upon your booking please advise us the pick up place
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.