One Day Tour To Mycenae - Nafplion - Epidaurus up to 7 customers
This full day tour to Mycenae with Cyclopean walls and the Palace of King Agamemnon is one of the most suggested places to visit. We will also visit the picturesque town of Nafplion (first capital of Greece in the 19th century).
The world famous for its excellent acoustics Theatre of Epidaurus, is amongst the most visited monuments from Athens. You will find yourself the reason for that while our expert guide explains you all the details behind historical and monumental sites.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking driver/escort
- Transportation by air-conditioned, free wi-fi, non smoking private van/car
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- No entrance fees are included
- No meal is included, but can be arranged further your special requests
- Professional licensed guide can be arranged on request
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mycenae, Mycenae, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
In this destination we start our tour driving by the Daphne Monastery (with unique byzantine 11th century splendid mosaics), continue to Elefsis (birth place of Agriculture where the ancient divine drama was performed every September in the presence of thousands of people attending the famous Elefsinian mysteries), the Corinth Canal and Isthmia and finally pass by the Fortress of Acrocorinth.
Then we will arrive at Mycenae, the legendary home of the Atreids that gave its name to the earliest sophisticated civilization in the mainland 4000 years ago.
Free time to visit the famous bee-hive Tomb of King Agamemnon and the Lion's Gate part of the awesome Cyclopean Wall. Mycenae was the powerful centre of the second half of the Bronze Age (1600-1100 BC), with its awesome Cyclopean Walls, its unique Lion's Gate, and the ruins of Agamemnon's palace where some series of the most tragic dramas took place.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Nafplio, Nafplio, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Leaving Mycenae we will head on to Nafplion, an old seaside sincerely picturesque town preserving all its old charm that has expanded up the hillsides in modern times near the north end of the Argolic Gulf. The city was chosen to be the first capital of modern Greece in 19th century. Nafplion is now the capital of the prefecture of Argolis and the province of Nafplion.
We will then continue our tour by having free time to visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios also known as the Theatre of Epidaurus, world famous for its acoustics. The theater was designed by Polykleitos the Younger in the 4th century BC.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travellers from their hotel or near location. Please provide accurate information of where you are staying.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable footwear, Sunblock, Hat, Camera
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.