Only Tet Holiday- Amazing Mekong Delta 3 Days 2 Nights
Tet is the most important and the biggest holiday of Vietnamese people. In this very special occasion, local life in Mekong Delta is much busier as they plant lots of flowers, fruits, they clean and decorate houses, they cook many specialties.
A Tour which combines Sa Dec Flower Village and Cai Rang Floating Market will show you the full nice vibes of Mekong Delta in Tet Holiday.
Joining this tour when you visit Vietnam will never let you down, we are sure!
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Use of bicycle
- - Free pick-up and Drop-off
- - Snacks, tropical fruits, fresh coconut water
- Entry/Admission - Sadec Flower Village
- Entry/Admission - Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House
- Entry/Admission - Sa Dec Market
- Entry/Admission - Cai Rang Floating Market
What's excluded :
- - Personal expenses (tips and money for your own use)
Day 1: SA DEC FLOWER VILLAGE-KIEN AN PAGODA-HUYNH THUY LE'S ANCIENT HOUSE
Stop At: Sadec Flower Village, Sa Dec Vietnam
Sa Dec Flower Village in the Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap is one of the most-visited destinations in the lead up to the Lunar New Year (Tet) holiday where nature lovers can admire beautiful flowers blooming in vivid colors and enjoy the bustling atmosphere there. Every year, on Tet, local people plant thousand kinds of flowers for the biggest and the most important holiday.
What will we do there:
- Take a bike a ride around this giant flower village
- Take lots of nice photos with flowers
- Get on small boat and join with local to water the flower field
- Ride back to the home-stay to join the Cooking Class (optional) and enjoy lunch there.
- Then, we will have a short break on the hammock and enjoy the peaceful and fresh atmosphere there.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Huynh Thuy Le Ancient House, 255A Nguyen Hue Ward 2, Sa Dec Vietnam
- After Flower Village, we will move to Huynh Thuy Le's Ancient House. The house's biggest surprise however is its treasure trove of ancient objects that have been preserved for generations. There is a round marble table dating back to the 18th century, a couple of 19th century hanging lamps, and a set of French table and chairs from the 17th-century reign of Louis XIV.
The house is also equipped with beautiful ancient wooden furniture, and everything from the wash basin to the jars in the kitchen are valuable antiques.
At this ancient house, you are also told an old love story about this house and its owner – Mr. Huynh Thuy Le and his l’amant (lover) M. Duras.
- This is a miss if you don’t pass by Kien An Cung Pagoda of Huynh Thuy Le’s family.
Located in Ward 2, Sa Dec Town, Dong Thap Province, the one thousand square meter Kien An Cung Pagoda was built between 1924 and 1927 by Huynh Thuan, Huynh Thuy Le’s father, and a group of Chinese people from Phuc Kien Province living in Sa Dec Town at that time.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Maison en Bam-bou Phong-Le Vent Home-stay
Day 2: SADEC MARKET-TANGERINE GARDEN-CAN THO
Stop At: Sa Dec Market, Mekong River waterfront, Sa Dec Vietnam
Sa Dec Wet Market is a typical market in Mekong Delta which is packed with dozens of stores and vendors selling a variety of stuffs from freshly caught seafood to local souvenir. This market is really popular among the local. Since, travelers can observe the daily lives of the Vietnamese through this market. Coming to Sa Dec Market and you will have an authentic experience of the Vietnamese lives.
Visiting this market in the early in the morning will be an amazing experience to you. You can be a local by enjoying local breakfast, buying local products and talking with lots of friendly local people.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lai Vung, Lai Vung, Dong Thap Province, Mekong Delta
Lai Vung is a small district of Dong Thap province (Mekong Delta) which is famous for its specialties- Tangerines and Fermented pork roll.
Lai Vung has long been conferred the title of "Tangerine kingdom". That is no exaggeration at all because in the Mekong Delta now there is no places for growing tangerine like Lai Vung. Nearly 2,000 hectares and annually releasing over 40,000 tons of fruits to serve the Tet holiday there.
Come there in Tet holiday, you can explore the Tangerine gardens and taste the fresh tangerines as well as enjoy the traditional folk music and stories about this beautiful land.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Can Tho, Can Tho, Mekong Delta
You will spend you night here, at the Hung's Home-stay for refreshing energy.
This home-stay is designed with nice structure and friendly to the environment where you can immerse the best with the nature. At this home-stay,bikes are free for you to ride around for fresh atmosphere.
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Ninh Kieu Riverside Hotel- A 3-star- hotel on Tien River Bank
Day 3: CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET- MY THO-SAIGON
Stop At: Cai Rang Floating Market, 46 Hai Ba Trung Near Cai Rang Bridge, Can Tho 900000 Vietnam
Located on Cai Rang River, this floating market is six kilometers away from the center of Can Tho city (the capital of the Mekong Delta), and about 30 minutes away from Ninh Kieu Wharf by boat. Cai Rang was initially formed to meet the trading needs of the locals while the road traffic system was still in its infancy. Now, 100 years later, it’s still in operation!
Cai Rang market opens as early as 4 AM every day, although the best time to visit is around 6 AM when the market really starts to liven up and you will be able to appreciate the picturesque beauty of the floating market as the sun rises.
Every thing here is sold on the boat, but you can by all things such as breakfast (Noodles, Banh Mi, rice), coffee, beers, fruits, vegetables, etc.
The busiest and best time to visit is the week before Lunar New Year which falls in late January and early February. That is great opportunity to observe the dynamic trading vibes when locals gather and shop for their new year goods.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: My Tho, My Tho, Tien Giang Province, Mekong Delta
Next stop is My Tho, Tien Giang Province.
Visiting this place give us a chance to know more about the Four Major Islands Of My Tho City - Symbols Of Happiness And Luck: Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix And Turtle.
Furthermore, you can relax on the rowing boat going through a mangrove palm canal, and continue to ride by horse-drawn carriage through the village as the way locals did in the 19th century.
You can also enjoy the melody of “Đờn ca tài tử” – a kind of traditional folk music which is also officially recognized by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
After that, we come back Saigon and finish an amazing journey to Mekong Delta on Tet Holiday.
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.