Ooty Hill station Escape from Bangalore
Beat the heat of Bangalore city by visiting the queen of hill stations, Ooty. Ooty stands at 7347 feet above the sea level in the Nilgiri mountain range and is a popular summer getaway for people all over the country and abroad. Ooty is dotted with picturesque spots, rolling hills covered with dense tea plantations, botanical gardens, smaller hills and plateaus with eucalyptus trees and to top it all, a pleasant temperature of about 15-20 degree Celsius throughout the year except in winters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Ooty Lake
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
Day 1: Bangalore to Ooty
Stop At: Ooty Lake, North Lake Road, Ooty (Udhagamandalam) India
Day 01: You will be picked-up from your hotel/railway station/airport in Bangalore and taken to Ooty. Arrive and stay in a hotel in Ooty.
Ooty Tourist Attractions: Tourists can have below Places visited as per the time permits in the order given below:
1. Doddabetta peak: Easily the highest peak in town, it serves as a vantage point to the rest of Ooty. It is located at a height of 2623 m from the sea level and on days when the weather is clear, one can view even far off places as the plains of Coimbatore and the flat highlands of Mysore with absolute clarity. On normal days, the beautiful valley below is a sight to behold and one can see fellow tourists clicking away frantically and saving the moments for posterity. Also to help the tourists fight the biting cold at the pinnacle, lot of small vendors have set up eateries and tea stalls to sell piping hot tea and snacks.
2. Tea factory: The omnipresent tea estates all around us naturally piqued our interest and made us curious about how the tiny little leaves were transformed into aromatic tea. And hence, the tea factory was next on our list. Big clunky machines greeted us at the entrance and were followed by an assembly line of different processes. One could see everything in here- right from when the leaves are brought to the factory for withering, to the rolling, drying and shifting stages, until the tea grains are poured into jute bags for shipment. At the exit, people are provided with free samples of cardamom tea as promotional activity and packets of finished tea are put up for sale (entrance if any to the factory to be borne by the tourist himself).
3. Ooty botanical gardens: Truly a sight to behold! Multitude of roses, jasmines, orchids and other beautifully blossomed out plants will just take your breath away! Spread over 22 acres, the garden was conceived in 1847 and is currently maintained by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The main attraction is a 20 million year old fossilized tree which would make you think of the wonders of nature. Apart from the regular varieties of flowers, there are also exotic specimens of ferns, herbs, shrubs and bonsai plants. A flower show with rare species at display happens every May.
4. Ooty lake: This one’s for people who would love to chill out in the evening after a long day of sight-seeing. Spread over an area of 65 acres, the boat house established there offers boating facilities to the tourists and attracts a lot of visitors for the same reason. The best part is the eucalyptus trees lining one side of the lake which offers a resting spot for tourists tired from all the pedalling.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: night stay in a private room in a budget hotle
Day 2: ooty to bangalore
Pass By: Bangalore Palace, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru 560052 India
Day 02: Morning & afternoon free to explore more into the mountains. Late afternoon you will be dropped back to your hotel/railway station/airport in bangalore
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Bangalore airport, hotelsAirports
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.