Opatija - the romantic spotlight of the Adriatic - private walking tour
From ugly duckling to a beautiful swan - discover how Opatija transformed itself quickly from a humble fisherman's village to a "place to be" for the Austrian aristocracy.
Walk with me through the historical parts of Opatija, find out why it's nicknamed the Pearl of the Adriatic, the Old Dame or the Queen of tourism and why people consider this town to be the real cradle of tourism for the country.
In this tour we will walk on the seaside promenade pass the old mansions, through the flower gardens where it all began, and discover it's past and present that makes Opatija one of the most beautiful towns in Croatia.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Angiolina Park - Villa Angiolina, Park Angiolina 1, Opatija 51410 Croatia
Walk through the park and find out how it all started with the first villa, why it's named after Angiolina and how all these unusual plants ended up here
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Maiden With The Seagull, Kvarner Gulf embankment, Opatija Croatia
One of the main attractions and symbols of the city - find out why and what the actual story behind it is
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Slatina Beach, Opatija Croatia
Walk past one of the largest beaches in Opatija alongside which you will find the Croatian Walk of Fame
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Ul. Maršala Tita 142, 51410, Opatija, Croatia
Croatian Walk of Fame - discover who and for what is famous in Croatia, and it might surprise you how many names you will recognize
Departure Point :1: Trg Vladimira Gortana, 51410, Opatija, Croatia
2: Ul. Vjekoslava Spinčića 2, 51410, Opatija, Croatia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- At the moment it is not necessary to use masks while in open area, however if the travelers prefers it, the guides can use the masks during the whole tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.