Oplontis Villa Poppaea tour: preserved Roman Villa with stunning frescoes UNESCO
The Oplontis villa is located within the modern city of Torre Annunziata, about three kilometers from the ancient Pompeii. It takes the name of Villa Poppaea, Nero's wife, thanks to a parietal graffiti that bears the name.
It is a huge villa with about ninety rooms, which was built along the coast of Campania and preserves the most extraordinary frescoes found in the Vesuvian area. The guided tour starts from the northern garden, continues in the spa area and in all the southern areas with striking frescoes in II and III style. Through a wide and long corridor you pass to the eastern peristyle surrounded by finely decorated rooms, at the center of which was built a huge swimming pool surrounded by bronze and marble statues.
The structure of the villa has about 90 rooms, a huge 70-meter swimming pool overlooked by representative rooms frescoed with paintings that probably merged with planted plant elements.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Scavi di Oplontis
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Scavi di Oplontis, Via Sepolcri 2, 80058 Torre Annunziata Italy
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Villa di Poppea, Via Sepolcri, 80058 Torre Annunziata NA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.