Organ Concert in St Francis Church Admission Ticket
Imagine going back in time to hear the music just as in Mozart's times. Spend an evening in the beautiful baroque interior of St. Francis of Assisi Church in the heart of Prague, listening to the city’s second oldest organ from 1702, delicately restored to its original baroque tuning. You will hear esteemed Czech musicians perform famous baroque pieces interleaved by other exquisite musical treasures. Usually three artists perform at the concerts – soloists of our prominent opera and orchestra bodies, pedagogues of the Academy of music and drama and Prague conservatory.
per adult from
What's included :
- Written program in English
- Written information about the church history in multiple languages
- Seat reservation (on request)
- Blanket for cold evenings (on request)
- Visit the church interior prior to the concert (on request)
- Entry/Admission - St. Francis of Assisi Church
What's excluded :
- No bathroom in the church
- No food or drinks allowed inside
- Dress code should respect the Catholic church space
- Transportation to/from the church
- Visit: St. Francis of Assisi Church, Krizovnicke namEsti 3, Prague 11000 Czech Republic
St Francis church is one of the most beautiful baroque churches of Prague. Even if its also one of the smallest churches - 70 seats only - it has long and important music tradition. Order of the Knight's of the Cross with the Red Star, who built the church in years 1681 - 1689, was admired to art and sacred music. In 19 century music productions here were the most popular in Prague. Tradition of organ concerts started in 1993, when its founder - Jakub Chalupa graduated at Academy of Performing Arts in Prague. This concert series runs continuously from 1993 to nowadays, yearly and daily from Easter to November, and it's longest uninterrupted Prague Organ concert cycle.
Organ of St. Francis church is an important historic instrument built in 1702 by Master Abraham Stark from Elgbogen in Western Bohemia. This rare organ is the second oldest in Prague, but oldest one you can hear at concert. In the year 2015 there was large and complicated reconstruction using the most modern technologies and methods of restoration and reparations, so this instrument is in excellent restored shape, and only here you can really enjoy a sound of genuine baroque organ in genuine baroque acoustic.
Departure Point :St. Francis of Assisi Church, Krizovnicke namEsti 3, Prague 11000 Czech Republic
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Seats are assigned by the agency and are not released in advance of the performance date
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.