Oria private tour: waiting the Torneo dei Rioni challenge
The guided tour will develop in the historic center of Oria, a magnificent medieval village that is still not fully appreciated today.
The tour starts from one of the three gateways to the city, the Jewish gate, and takes you to discover the Giudecca, the Jewish quarter that became prosperous and thriving in the 9th century.
Another important stop will be the visit of the Cathedral Basilica.
Inside it will be possible to visit the Oratory of the Confraternity of Death and Crypt of the Mummies, an oratory of 1500 where the mummified cadavers of some confreres are still preserved.
Outside you will visit the Messapian necropolis until you reach the outside of the castle, of Norman manufacture or earlier, dominates the highest part of the city and is its symbol.
Currently the house is private and can be visited only on pre-established dates.
Do not miss the Torneo dei Rioni challenge in August, since 1967, is the most important historical-medieval event in southern Italy.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed guide
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Castle of Oria
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oria Cathedral, Piazza Della Cattedrale, 72024 Oria Italy
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castle of Oria, Via Castello, 72024 Oria Italy
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Porta degli Ebrei, Olaszország, 72024 Oria BR, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
To be agreed
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.