Orthodox capital of Russia - Sergiev Posad
Sergiev Posad isn’t only known for being a home to medieval Russian architecture and a 14th-century Orthodox monastery, stunning views of its ramparts and churches; it’s also a spiritual center of the Russian Orthodox Church, and home to a incredible collection of artworks of famous medieval painter Andrey Rublev. On this full day tour visit the often-overlooked Trinity Lavra Monastery of St Sergius’, admire the Cathedral of the Assumption’s beautiful facade, and enjoy charming stories on Lavra’s colorful history. Guided walking tour ensures you see all the highlights
See Toy Museum 'matryoshka' (Russian nesting dolls), Konny Dvor Museum, wooden houses and pictures squares, sip on some kvas (a Russian traditional beverage) accompanied with some tasty Russian bread.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - The Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra
- Entry/Admission - Toy Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra, Sergiev Posad mkr, Sergiyev Posad 141300 Russia
Upon arrival to Sergiev Posad head into the Trinity Lavra to marvel its astonishing churches and buildings, including its stunning Trinity and Assumption Cathedrals. Take in the peaceful cloister, watch the monks at work, and admire the gold-domed 15th-century Trinity Cathedral, onion-domed 16th-century Assumption Cathedral, and 288-foot (88-meter) baroque bell tower as your guide unravels the monastery’s history.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Toy Museum, pr. Krasnoj Armii, d. 123, Sergiyev Posad Russia
Visit the Konny Dvor Museum and Toy Museum, with its displays of ‘matryoshka’ nesting dolls Sip on some kvas paired with some tasty Russian bread.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel within Moscow
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.