ORVIETO & CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO: Private Day Trip from Rome
Get away from the city for the day and take a journey into the heart of Umbria, the region of forests and mountains. Across winding roads, lined with trees and mountains, two remarkable mediaeval towns spring out of the stunning landscape: Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio.
You will depart from Rome with our English-speaking driver to enjoy a full day trip discovering Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio. You will travel in a comfortable way in a luxury car or minivan. You won’t have to worry about a thing!
If you’re looking for something different, join this day trip from Rome to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio to experience the stupendous beauty and cultural wealth of magnificent Umbria. See two tiny settlements that are wholly different to Rome – but totally Italian – in a truly stunning landscape.
This day trip is designed to be done with a private driver only. You will have time to explore the cities on your own and we can provide you with a private licensed guide to show you the highlights and explain to you their rich history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Licensed tourist guide on request
- Private transportation by luxury Mercedes sedan or minivan
- 1 to 7 people in a private vehicle
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Civita di Bagnoregio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Our first stop will be in Orvieto. Orvieto is located on the summit of vertical tuff cliffs, offering spectacular views from above. In Orvieto you will have the chance to admire its most important monuments such as the Cathedral and the ancient Papal Residence - perfectly-preserved next to the cathedral. If you want to really make the most out of your time in Orvieto, we can provide you with a private guide to show the highlights of the city and explain to you its rich history. A private walking tour of Orvieto is guaranteed to be a highlight of your trip!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, 01022, Bagnoregio Italy
Your day trip from Rome will continue to the tiny village of Civita di Bagnoregio, "the Dying Town". Civita di Bagnoregio is located on top of a giant rock and is connected to the main land only by a bridge. The village is very picturesque and from its location you will enjoy a stunning view on the Tiber valley. The remote location of Civita di Bagnoregio means it is very beneficial to be accompanied by a private driver who really knows what he’s doing!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.