Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio Full Day Trip from Rome
Escape from Rome for the day and head out to the Umbrian countryside on this Private Day Trip where you will get to experience two of the most beautiful towns closest to Rome – Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio. You will drive across two Italian regions, Lazio and Umbria, with a private chauffeur who will make your day trip stress free with both hotel pick-up and drop-off. Your private driver will give you a few anecdotes and stories about the local surroundings as you drive along the country side. If you would like to dig a bit deeper into the history of the places you will visit, simply upgrade your tour to include a Private Tour Guide to come along with you for the day!
Your Day Trip also includes a wonderful farm-to-table lunch with local products and delicious wine made in the region. See, smell, feel and taste the delights of Umbria! All included in the price of the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Full Day Trip to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Round trip to and from your hotel in Rome in a luxury vehicle
- Delicious farm to table lunch in the Umbrian countryside
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Full Day Tour Guide available as an add-on to the base price
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rome, Rome, Lazio
Your Day Trip begins with a private pick-up at your hotel in Rome in a climate-controlled luxury car, so you can relax in comfort and enjoy the stunning countryside. Enjoy the hillside views as you drive up to Orvieto.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Once in Orvieto, have a walk through this quaint medieval town and observe the fantastic architecture and art which has attracted curious travelers from all around. Admire the stunning buildings, nestled peacefully amongst the local bustle of the tight-knit community. Enter Orvieto’s elaborate Duomo, Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta and admire carefully executed frescoes from the 15th century. Learn about Michelangelo’s visit to Orvieto and the inspiration he drew from observing this stunning church. After you have appreciated Orvieto from the top, it’s time to head underground. The Etruscan city holds 3,000 years of history and mysteries deep below the modern day city. Orvieto is a city full of beauty, history and mystery with a stunning overground built upon caves and intricate tunnel systems, dug by ancient Etruscan people over three millennium ago.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Umbria, Umbria
Your trip to Umbria would not be complete without sampling the local cuisine. Umbria is one of those places that even Italians visit for a delicious local lunch outside of Rome. It won’t take long for you to realize why this region is known by everyone from Michelin-starred chefs to local foodies. We truly believe in the quality of Umbrian food which is why we include a sit down lunch with local products and wine on your Orvieto Day Trip Private Tour. Allow us to work with you and your guests to provide a menu that is both suitable and delicious with choices such as truffle bruschetta, local cheeses and salumi, fresh egg pasta. And of course no Umbrian table is complete without the local wine – Orvieto Classico!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, Civita di Bagnoregio, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
Once your bellies are full, you will hop back into your private car and head out to one of the quaintest places in perhaps all of Italy – Civita di Bagnoregio, a town with a population of only 12!
This stunning and unique hilltop gem is better known as “il paese che muore” - the dying town - because of the uniquely small number of residents.
Civita di Bagnoregio is sure to impress even the most seasoned traveler. Take incredible pictures and marvel at the longevity of this precious and rare town.
Your Private Orvieto Day Trip Experience finishes in Rome, at your hotel, where you will arrive with plenty of time to enjoy a Roman evening.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your private chaffeur will pick you up directly outside your hotel / vacation residence 10 min prior departure.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- LivTours’ is and has always been founded on sustainable and safe tourism. We are proud to be at the forefront of innovation, especially in this time. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, sites visited on this tour require wearing a mask. Please bring one for every participant over 6 years of age
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.