Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia
A memorable experience, perfect for reflecting over while you enjoy an Umbrian meal and a glass of Orvieto Classico wine. A few hours but that will make you discover the historical, artistic and gastronomic treasures typical of the countrisyde. You will cross hilly landscapes that hide millennia-old cities. Orvieto will be your first stop. You will discover the medieval and Renaissance city where you can visit the Duomo. It is one of the most beautiful in Italy.
We can also offer you the underground tour. Orvieto is an old town located on a tufa outcrop 300 feet above the gorgeous Paglia valley below. The city is mostly known for its Etruscan roots.
Your second stop will be Civita di Bagnoregio ( "the town that is dying"), due to the constant erosion of the tuff rocks where it is placed, this citadel half-way between Orvieto and Lake Bolsena has Etruscan and Medieval origins. Civita di Bagnoregio is beyond doubt one of the most beautiful and characteristic Italian villages.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Port of Civitavecchia pick up and drop off
- Private shore excursion. We do not combine groups
- English speaking driver
- Luxury Mercedes E or V class
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Tickets for the Duomo di Orvieto (Eur 4,00 per person)
- Tickets for St. Patrick's Well (Eur 3,5 per person)
- Tickets for the Underground tour (Eur 7,00 per person)
- Gratuities (not mandatory)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Build by the Pope Urban IV to commemorate and provide a suitable home for the Corporal of Bolsena, the relic of miracle which is said to have occurred in 1263 in the nearby town of Bolsena, when a traveling priest who had doubts about the truth of transubstantiation found that his Host was bleeding so much that it stained the altar cloth. The cloth is now stored in the Chapel of the Corporal inside the cathedral.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Orvieto Underground, Piazza del Duomo 23, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Orvieto, a millenary city suspended almost by magic between heaven and earth, has revealed another of those aspects that make it unique and extraordinary: a labyrinth of grottoes is hidden in the silent darkness of the rupe (rock). The distinctive geological nature of the mass of stone on which it stands allowed its inhabitants to dig, in the course of about 2500 years, an incredible number of cavities extending, overlapping and intersecting beneath the modern structure of the city.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, 01022, Bagnoregio Italy
Founded by Etruscans more than 2,500 years ago. The town was the birthplace of Saint Bonaventure, who died in 1274. The location of his boyhood house has long since fallen off the edge of the cliff. By the 16th century, Civita di Bagnoregio was beginning to decline, becoming eclipsed by its former suburb Bagnoregio. At the end of the 17th century, the bishop and the municipal government were forced to move to Bagnoregio because of a major earthquake that accelerated the old town's decline. At that time, the area was part of the Papal States. In the 19th century, Civita di Bagnoregio's location was turning into an island and the pace of the erosion quickened as the layer of clay below the stone was reached in the area where today's bridge is situated. Bagnoregio continues as a small but prosperous town, while the older site became known in Italian as La città che muore ("The Dying Town"). Civita di Bagnoregio has only recently been experiencing a tourist revival.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your driver at the exit of your ship (No shuttle bus)Ports
- Port of Civitavecchia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- For groups of more than eight people two minivans will be used. Our company does not use larger eight-seater vehicles to offer our customers a more exclusive, comfortable and personalized service.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.