Orvieto Cathedral (Duomo) and Underground Caves Tour
Take your time to get amazed by the facade of Orvieto's Cathedral, one of the most beautiful churches in the world. Learn about the spectacular Signorelli's frescoes and get inspired as Michelangelo did five centuries ago.
Explore the hand-made tunnels of an underground area of the city and see the memories of the ancient Etruscan civilization. Walk along the impressive medieval walls and stop at the viewpoints to admire great panoramas of the countryside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Official tour guide
What's excluded :
- Entance fee at Pozzo della Cava Underground area
- Admission fee to Orvieto Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Orvieto
- Entry/Admission - Pozzo della Cava
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
You will visit every part of the church, with a special focus on the beautiful San Brizio chapel, decorated by the reinassance artist Luca Signorelli. His frescoes are considered one of the most sensational works of art in Italy.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pozzo della Cava, Via della Cava 28, 05018, Orvieto Italy
A beautiful walk in the heart of Orvieto will take you to the underground area of “Pozzo della Cava” where you will discover the hidden part of the city. These tunnels have been escavated during more than 23 centuries by the inhabitants of the area. Here your guide will explain you how the rooms were used during the history and you will look down inside the impressive 36 meters deep etruscan well.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Once you finished the underground tour, you will walk to the edge of the city; from the top of the cliffs you will admire stunning views on the rolling hills covered with vineyards and olive trees. Walking along the ancient walls of Orvieto you will enjoy many points of view on the countryside and the brown coloured medieval town.
A short walk throug pictoresque little alleys will take you back to Piazza Duomo, ending point of the tour.
Departure Point :Piazza Duomo, 05018 Orvieto TR, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.