Orvieto&Bagnoregio Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia's Port
Enjoy a day-trip to the Umbria region, exploring the stunning medieval cities of Orvieto, Bagnoregio just 1 hour 30 minutes away from Civitavecchia's port. Orvieto rises above the surrounding countryside sitting on its perch of volcanic tufa. Far below lies vineyards and fields dotted with ancient villas and vineyards. Orvieto has been inhabited since Etruscan times a fact that is still evident today in the underground world of caves and tunnels that run under the city. Bagnoregio village teeters atop a pinnacle rising high above a vast canyon ruled by wind and erosion. The main entrance is a huge stone passageway, cut by the Etruscans 2,500 years ago and decorated in the 12th century with a Romanesque arch. Passing through the portal, you enter another world — one stuck in the Middle Ages. This tour is operated with an air-conditioned sedan or minivan Mercedes. A private tour can ensure you an intimate experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- air-conditioned minivan Mercedes
- expert english speaking-driver
What's excluded :
- Access ticket to Bagnoregio
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Orvieto
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Orvieto Cathedral is the mjor tourixstic attraction of the village and it won’t fail to impress you. It’s a fascinating look at early 14th-century Italian sculpture, but the horizontal stripes of black and white marble and the many colorful details of the interior frescoes will leave a vivid impression on you, too
Orvieto has a labyrinth of caves hidden underneath it and there are various tours and explorations to be discovered. Going underground and seeing what’s left of the town from this perspective provides captivating insight into the lives of the Etruscans and why they built these spectacular dwellings. Amazingly, they’ve survived many earthquakes and you’ll be told of all kinds of information from the friendly guides who will take you around.
In Orvieto you have a chance to try some pasta with truffle and local delicatassen and do not forget to sample some of the best Umbria wines such as Sagrantino or Orvieto DOC.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your personal English speaking driver, will meet you just below your ship.Ports
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- wheelchair is not accessible on this activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- as long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, temperature checks for travelers are absolutely necessary in some tours and excursions that include museums, indoor places and busy areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.