Oskar Schindler's Factory Museum Guided Tour in Krakow
Rewind to the Krakow of 70 years ago and learn about Oskar Schindler on a 1,5-hour tour of Krakow's Schindler’s Factory Museum. With an expert guide, explore this poignant museum, whose exhibitions stand in Schindler’s original enamel factory, where he employed hundreds of Jews, thereby protecting them from the Nazis. See Schindler’s office, hear stories of the workers he helped to save, and experience the multimedia projections, photos and artifacts that recall the horrors of Krakow under Nazi and Soviet occupation. Numbers are limited to 25 for a more personalised experience.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- 10% discount at Film Cafe
- The price covers the guiding service in the Schindler's Factory Museum.
- Entry fee
- Entry/Admission - Muzeum Krakowa, oddzial Fabryka Emalia Oskara Schindlera
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muzeum Krakowa, oddzial Fabryka Emalia Oskara Schindlera, ul. Lipowa 4, Krakow 30-702 Poland
Choose your desired tour start time and travel independently to Oskar Schindler’s Factory Museum in central Krakow. Meet your guide outside and hear how the museum is housed in the very factory where the Nazi industrialist Oskar Schindler employed Jewish workers during WWII.
Before starting, get an illuminating introduction to Schindler, learning how Steven Spielberg brought his story to the world’s attention in his 1993 Oscar-winning movie, Schindler’s List.
Then, head inside for your in-depth tour. Made up of interactive and photographic displays, the museum concentrates not only on Schindler’s and his employees’ work, but also on Krakow’s suffering during the run-up to war and beyond. As you explore, your guide will provide fascinating commentary, recounting poignant tales that will deepen your understanding of what happened here and Krakow’s history.
Learn Schindler’s story and how his Jewish employees manufactured pots, pans, tins and other enamelware for the German army: a vital war effort that protected them from near-certain transportation to the concentration camps. See some of the products made here, view Schindler’s office, and hear the fates of some of the 1,200 Schindlerjuden — Schindler’s Jews — who worked in the factory.
Follow your guide around the rooms dedicated to Krakow’s suffering during the war and later 20th century. View photographs of the terrorized city; be transported into the cobbled streets, resistance hideaways and prisons of the Nazi- and Soviet-occupied city; and get a sense of the overwhelming fear that gripped the population through original documents, artifacts, and film and radio recordings.
After two hours of exploring, your tour ends outside the building. Say goodbye to your guide, who will provide you with directions back to the city center or your hotel as required.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Oskar Schindler's Enamel Factory, Lipowa 4, 30-702 Kraków, Poland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10:00 Guided Tour 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
16:05 - 17:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:05 AM - 10:00 AM
18:05 - 19:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 04:05 PM - 05:00 PM
14:00 Guided Tour 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:05 PM - 07:00 PM
11:05 - 12:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 01:05 PM - 02:00 PM
14:05 - 15:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 11:05 AM - 12:00 PM
17:05 - 18:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 02:05 PM - 03:00 PM
15:05 - 16:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 05:05 PM - 06:00 PM
10:05 - 11:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 03:05 PM - 04:00 PM
12:05 - 13:00 ENG 4/1/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:05 AM - 11:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 12:05 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Tour Guide System: Headset given to you after excursion - The headsets we give you are used only once. Tour Guide System: Receivers ozonated after each excursion Our guides wear protective masks Distance: We keep a safe distance during walks (2M)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.