Oslo Tour: The European Green Capital (Private tour)
Join this walking tour full of sustainable inspiration and hidden gems. You will discover Oslo from different perspectives whilst learning why Oslo became one of the best cities in Europe. On your tour, you will be led through the vivid Bjørvika Quarter and see landmarks such as the Oslo Opera House, Sørenga, the Losæter Community Garden, the ruins of Old Oslo, and the most culturally diverse district, Grønland.
Your journey then continues along the Akerselva River, which offers a great escape from the rush of the capital and is the cradle of Oslo's underground culture. Later, your tour will finish in the Vulkan area, Oslo's so-called "sustainable laboratory."
per adult from
180 to 200 minutes
What's included :
- Private tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Mathallen Oslo
What's excluded :
- Transport ticket back to the city centre (36 NOK/pers.)
- Tipping is not included in the tour price. Tips are appreciated but not mandatory :)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ostbanehallen, Jernbanetorget 1, Oslo 0154 Norway
We start our tour in the Oslo Østbanehallen, as the strategic point that was important to Oslo's future (green) development.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Kirsten Flagstads Pl. 1, Oslo 0150 Norway
We that continue to the blooming part of Bjørvika. You will learn more about the hidden purpose of Oslo National Opera, New Deichmanske Bibliotek and New Munch Museum. We will follow the sustainable path with the introduction into the new project of Oslo's Photography house, Sørenga, and Barcode. Besides these main dominants, you will learn more about smaller initiatives and several hidden gems that are both innovative and a great supplier of the Oslo, the fjord city monstrous development.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Losæter, Kongshavnveien, Bjørvika,, Oslo, Norway
Losæter is the first community garden in Oslo and the home for several great initiatives.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Medieval Ruin Park, Middelalderparken 0150, Oslo 192 Norway
The medieval park is the oldest witness of Oslo's development. It dates back to the year 1000 AC and besides of the beautiful park area with several ruins, you will have the unique opportunity to see the old Oslofjord line.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Akerselva River, Maridalsvannet, Oslo Norway
From Bjørvika, we will move to Grønlad where you will learn a bit about the history of Grønland that is closely tied to the development of Akerselva river district.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mathallen Oslo, Vulkan 5, Oslo 0178 Norway
The whole tour will be concluded in Mathallen where you will taste some of the most authentic Norwegian cheeses and meat products.
The tasting plate includes:
- Nøkkelost, goat cheese with seaweeds, reindeer sausage, whale sausage, moose sausage, smoked reindeer meat, dried reindeer heart, smoked whale, salmon, gamalost, goat brunost, and lingonberries.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vulkan Neighbourhood, Vulkan, Oslo 0175 Norway
We will have a nice walk along Akerselva and the Oslo's underground district, and we will end up in Vulkan, which is also known as Oslo sustainable laboratory!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Oslo Visitor Center, Jernbanetorget 1, 0154 Oslo, Norway
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Vulkan, Oslo, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.