Ostia Antica Private Tour led by Donato PhD Archaeologist & Licensed Guide
Jump on a train from Rome and head 30kms west to explore the archaeological ruins of Rome's ancient harbour city, Ostia Antica on this 3-hour private tour.
Meet your expert, local guide at the Ostia Antica ticket office, and begin your guided walking tour of the ancient city.
As you walk around, you'll notice it's a ghost town, but it was once a thriving port city. Learn how the ruins were discovered after being buried for 10 centuries as you follow a labyrinth of old streets and alleyways. Visit the thermal Baths of Neptune and admire the black and white mosaics, see the large reconstructed theater and the forum, which was once where the inhabitants gathered and socialised.
This tour will take you on a journey back in time and give you a glimpse at what life was like when Ostia was one of the ancient world's most important ports.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Located 30kms west of Rome is Ostia Antica, once the harbour city of ancient Rome and now a vast archeological site after being abandoned and buried for over 10 centuries. Walk around the ruins and admire the remains of the city buildings, public baths, shops and more.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Viale dei Romagnoli, 717, 00119 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.