Otavalo, Cuicocha Lake and Cayambe Shared Day Tour from Quito
Enjoy a full-day cultural tour with English-speaking guide. Combine the famous indigenous market in Ecuador along with seeing some of the interesting locations outside of Otavalo. Visit Quitsato Solar Museum, a bizcohos factory and Cuicocha on this small-group tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide/driver
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- All expenses for activities
- Extra food and drinks
- Optional tips for the guide
- Entry/Admission - Quitsato
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quitsato, Panamericana, Cayambe 170202 Ecuador
After approximately 1 and a half hour drive, you will visit the Quitsato Solar Museum (entrance $ 2).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cayambe, Via Tabacundo Cajas, Ecuador
Around 9:30 AM, you will visit a local factory in Cayambe, where bizcochos, a delicious local snack, are prepared (own expenses).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
From Cayambe, it takes only half an hour to reach Otavalo. After arriving, you will visit a beautiful view point where you will be able to observe the city. Then you will visit a small hats factory. At 11:00, you will exploring Otavalo Market, one of the biggest indigenous markets in South America where you can buy typical Ecuadorian souvenirs.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Laguna Cuicocha, Cotacachi 100450 Ecuador
Around 2:00 PM, you will be taken to Cuicocha crater lake, a unique lake with an amazingly stunning view.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia Matriz, Bolivar Street, Cotacachi 100350 Ecuador
At 3:30 approximately you will enjoy a local lunch, and then you will go to Cotacachi. This place is know as the ‘leather capital of Ecuador’. You will have the change to explore the town and buy some souvenirs.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Centro Histórico, Quito, Ecuador
2: Plaza Foch, Quito 170143, Ecuador
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing, (a rain jacket, just in case) water, sun block, sunglasses and passport.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unpredictable circumstances.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Meeting point:
- in La Mariscal (new town) area: the bus leaves at 7:00am from the corner of Juan Leon Mera and Mariscal Foch (in front of the Magic Bean restaurant). Please be there at 6:50am.
- in the Historical centre (old town) area: the bus leaves at 7:20am from Cafe Jumandi (Caldas street E1-83 and Rios street, diagonal of the San Blas church). Please be there at 7:10am.
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Passport numbers
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.