Otavalo Market and Cotacachi Volcano
This tour of Otavalo is a way to discover and combine the most famous indigenous market of Ecuador and some of the amazing landscapes outside this small and welcoming city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This tour begins with a scenic drive to the north of Quito through the Sierra highlands.
We will first stop at Mitad del Mundo and then we’ll continue to Cayambe, where we can taste and learn about the town´s famous bizcochos (local biscuits).
We will continue to the beautiful Peguche waterfalls, which is an historical place because it was used as special baths before the Inty Raimy (Sun Festival) parties.
Arriving in Otavalo we'll explore the vibrant market of Otavalo on the Plaza de los Ponchos, the biggest indigenous market of South America, where you will have the possibility to buy local handicrafts.
The main market day in Otavalo is Saturday; however this tour can operate throughout the week.
Our professional guide will provide an explanation on the indigenous people of this area, such as the Quitu, Cara and other pre-Inca groups, and some information on the city.
After the visit to the market we’ll have lunch and afterwards we'll continue towards the Cuicocha Lagoon, which is located in a volcano crater and contains 2 green islands (optional sail is available for US$6).
Just before going back to Quito, we’ll pass through the viewpoint of Lago San Pablo to finish a perfect day.
The visit to a work shop of wooden musical instruments is optional and also depends on your wish to visit it and on the time we spend on the market.
Departure Point :Hotels in Quito
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Child rate applies only if the child is 11 years old or under.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.