Otavalo Market (PRIVATE Day Trip from Quito)
Otavalo is one of the most famous indigenous fair in the country; although the market has greater activity on Saturdays but it is open every day with an impressive variety of handcrafts, tapestries and weaving made by indigenous people of the surrounding villages. Meanwhile, tourists test their Spanish and bargaining skills at stalls vending colorful and inexpensive knitted sweaters, hats, gloves and much more.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottle of water
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza De Los Ponchos Mercado, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
Driving north of Quito is the most famous indigenous market of Ecuador: Otavalo, full of traditions and handcrafts. Following the route is Cayambe, very well known by local people for its salt biscuits called Bizcocho that is usually served with local cheese and milk caramel. Then driving northern a nice lake can be appreciated with the background a majestic Imabura Volcano. Finally arrive to Otavalo town where the local market is based. If you want to see the market at its fullest, visit on a Saturday or Wednesday. Some typical items can be found such as handmade textile, ceramic, wood, silver, leather, and metal products.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cotacachi, Cotacachi, Imbabura Province
The last stop for the day is Cotacachi located just 10 minutes away from Otavalo, a town known for its leather goods with really great leather jackets and bags. Afternoon time to drive back to Quito.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The tour is based in private, therefore if your hotel, apartment or house is not mentioned in the above list don´t worry; feel free to write down the address where you´ll stay and we will provide the pick up without any additional charges as long as you stay in Quito town.Airports
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
Departure Time :10/1/2018 - 8/6/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We will have face mask available on the car for any emergency.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.