Otranto. Fantastic Middle Ages at the gates of the East
Otranto is the easternmost city of Italy, it is a natural harbor and this has always influenced its history and appearance. From Otranto civilizations have passed, people, stories and goods that have left an indelible mark on its appearance.
The cathedral, with its mosaic (1163-1165) represents without a shadow of a doubt a must for every stay in Puglia. The sea of Otranto, then, clear and crystalline even in the port is the setting for a city of unusual and bewitching beauty. On the horizon, on a clear day, the mountains of Albania invite you to travel and discover new places and perhaps even yourself.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entrance ticket to the castle
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Otranto
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cattedrale di Otranto, Piazza Basilica, 73028, Otranto Italy
Visit the cathedral and its marvelous mosaic floor
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Church of Saint Peter, Via San Pietro, ., 73028 Otranto LE, Italy
Church of the Byzantine era with frescoes dating from various periods. NB: Entrance to the church is governed by dates and times independent of this tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Castello di Otranto, Via Maria Corti, 73028, Otranto Italy
A fortress rebuilt and enlarged several times, it represents the bulwark of the defense of the city. Possibility to visit inside and underground for a fee
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Centro Storico Otranto, Piazza Castello, 73028, Otranto Italy
Visit the narrow streets of the historic center of Otranto and the walkways of the walls.
Departure Point :Via del Porto, 1, 73028 Otranto LE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.