Our Most Popular Tour - White Water Rafting - Sarapiqui River Class II-III
Our most popular white water rafting trip is great fun for families with children, enthusiasts who want try rafting for the first time or experienced rafters looking for a new adventure. This section of the Sarapiqui River runs for 17 km down friendly class II-III rapids surrounded by evergreen tropical rain forest. With San Juan - La Selva Biological Corridor right by, you are guaranteed to see lots of birds and animals. To add to the fun, you will have the chance to cliff jump, surf, swim down a little rapid, run an exiting drop and stop on the side of the river for some delicious fresh tropical fruit. Our small personalized and private tours are designed to give you the best quality service while you immerse yourself into nature and Costa Rican culture. Prepare yourself for an enjoyable day on the river topped off with a homemade traditional lunch cooked on a wooden stove! The tour includes: transportation, fruits, lunch, guide, safety kayaker, equipment and insurances.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Safety kayaker
- Small personalized tour
- Transportation to and from your hotel (if in the vicinity of La Fortuna)
What's excluded :
- Welcome to our most popular tour and the best experience you will ever have. Your day will begin in the morning, when you will be picked-up from your hotel (if it is in the vicinity) or you will leave from our office for the beautiful Sarapiqui River just an hour drive from La Fortuna. Your transportation to the river will be very comfortable with a private driver and guide who is more than happy to point out interesting things along the way as you pass through rural areas and small villages. Once you arrive at the river, you will be provided with a helmet, paddle and life jacket. When you are all geared up you will be given a thorough safety speech with learn how to paddle and work in a team. Once your guide has decided that you have mastered these techniques well and have practiced them in the water, it is time to go rafting! You will be on the river for three hours running 17 km (10.5 miles) of fun safe rapids hitting waves, running drops, surfing and cliff jumping. Along the way, you will see and learn about many birds, plants and wildlife that surround you in the tropical rain forest. Half way down the river, you will take a little break and replenish yourself with some fresh tropical fruit. At all times, there will be a kayaker for added safety and photographer to capture your experience. At the end of your tour, you will be served one of the most tastiest meals that you will try in Costa Rican at our favorite local family run restaurant. You will enjoy a
casado, a typical Costa Rican lunch, cooked on a wooden stove with a fresh fruit juice of your choice. Once your tummies are full, you will make your way back to La Fortuna. The Sarapiqui River is special in many ways and is loved by the rafting community. Many national rafting championships have been held on this river for the quality of the rapids and now you get to raft down them too. Enjoy the ride!
Departure Point :• Your hotel if in the vicinity of La Fortuna or along the way to the river • Our office in La Fortuna
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Any medication that you may need on the river such as asthma pump or Epi pen
- Bathing suit/swim trunks
- Dry clothes to change into
- Shoes for the water or running shoes (closed toe)
- Some cash
- Sun lotion
- T-shirt or rash guard
- What to Bring?
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.