Out The Back 3-Day Surf School in Byron Bay
Learn to surf and ride a wave like a pro! Join this amazing surf experience on Byron Bay's best beaches. Before every lesson, the surfing conditions are checked. We will take you to the best beach that suits your level. Don't worry if you're not confident on the board yet, this course is suitable for all levels. And what's more?! If you don't manage to stand up on your first lesson, you can come back for free!
per adult from
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
- All surf equipment
- Transport to and from the beach
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (please meet at our shop 15 minutes before your lesson)
- 3 days of fun on your surfboard
In this 3-day course, we will not only teach you the basics of surfing, but also some basic tricks. Day 1 will be all about catching, standing and surfing. You can then improve your skills on day 2. Learn how to paddle correctly, control your board and distribute your weight in order to change direction. On the final day, you can step up your game even more. You will practise tricks like the pop-up, back riding and turning frontside and backside on unbroken waves. We will also teach you the importance of wave selection, timing, surf safety, ocean awareness and surf etiquette.
• 3 x 3.5 Hour Group Surf Lessons
• Expert surf coaches
• Guaranteed to stand up or come again free
• All surfing equipment, including wetsuits (rash vests or sping suits in summer, steamers in winter)
• Return transport to the beach
• Small groups - low instructor to student ratio (1:7)
• Light refreshments
• Professional photography for an additional charge
• 15% OFF Rip Curl voucher
What You Need To Bring
• And a Smile
High safety standards and small groups
The surf lessons are of the highest quality. Your safety and fun are the number one priority. There is always 1 instructor to every 7 students, so every participant gets plenty of help and attention. You will be provided with the personal attention you need to stand up and start surfing the waves in no time. Blackdog Surf School is an ASI approved surf school. The school meets and exceeds stringent safety and quality standards. All the coaches are qualified lifeguards with many years of coaching experience. They all hold a Level 1 Surfing Coach Accreditation, Bronze Medallion and Senior 1st Aid Certificates.
We have been operating surf lessons on the beautiful beaches of Byron Bay since 2001. Their aim is to give you the amazing feeling of riding your very first wave. Our coaches check surfing conditions of the beaches before every lesson. They will bring you to the beach with the best conditions for your particular level. One of Byron Bay's popular surf beaches is The Pass. Its waves are perfect for beginners. Tallow Beach is another splendid surfing beach. It is famous for its idyllic scenery and dolphin sightings.
Departure Point :Blackdog Surf School Byron Bay, 4/11 Byron St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for group classes is 12 years. All children under this age may partake in our private lessons.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.