Outback Astrophotography Adventures - 3 Days, 2 Nights
If you are interested in the stars, the cosmos, the Universe, galaxies, nebula and want to learn how to take pictures of them then this is the trip for you.
All you need to bring is your camera and we'll go and have an adventure in the Outback !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Star Adventurer GEM star tracker and tripod
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
After pick up we will travel to Chillagoe, an old Mining Town in the Outback, arriving around lunch time. We are staying at the Observatory and Eco Lodge caravan park.
Over the next 2 nights we will be taking astrophotography of the night sky using our cameras and the Sky Adventurer set ups (provided), in the day time we will be scouting locations for night shots, chilling in the pool, exploring Tommy Prior's Ford Museum, visiting Aboriginal Art sites, historic mining sites, free caves or if you wish to pay extra book a guided cave tour at The Hub in town.
All camping gear, food, soft drinks and water, Star adventurer set up and guidance on producing amazing shots of the Cosmos.
• Chillagoe Smelters, Chillagoe, Queensland Australia
• Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park, 3 Hours From Cairns, Chillagoe, Queensland 4871 Australia
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Cairns Airport, Airport Ave, Aeroglen, Queensland 4870 Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.