Outer Barrier Reef Sailing and Snorkeling Adventure from Port Douglas
Set sail from Port Douglas for a day of snorkeling and adventure on the Outer Barrier Reef.Immersed in the northern frontier of Great Barrier Reef, this is the perfect sailing and snorkelling adventure for a conservation minded visitor. Ideally suited to those who can swim and have a spirit of fun and adventure. The white sands of the coral cays are surrounded by tropical waters filled with fish, turtles and coral. This smaller cruise is limited to just 45 passengers, ensuring good company and helpful assistance from the crew. A buffet lunch is included, along with a reef interpretation talk, a guided snorkel tour and a glass-bottom boat with an expert marine biologist as your guide.Discerning guests can fully enjoy an inspiring full day of adventure using wind power to the absolutely stunning sand cays on the Great Barrier Reef in the most environmentally way!
per adult from
What's included :
- Great Barrier Reef sailing cruise
- Morning and afternoon tea, pastries and muffins
- Gourmet Buffet lunch
- Use of snorkel equipment and instruction
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Time to explore the pristine coral cays
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Port Douglas only)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Environmental Management Charge (AU$6.50 per person payable on check-in on the day of travel)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sailaway Shop 18, 44 Wharf Street Sailaway - Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877 Australia
The adventure starts with an early departure from Port Douglas Marina. Sit back and relax as we set sail to the Coral Cays of Mackay or Undine Reefs. Enjoy an authentic sailing experience, following the coastline and views of the Daintree mountains.
Once at the protected sites at the Coral Cays, nature activities will include snorkelling over the pristine coral reef with a qualified marine biologist offering reef interpretation on a guided snorkel tour. A glass bottom boat coral viewing tour is also on offer. Premium reef sites showcase abundant marine life, including encounters with turtles and an amazing display of giant clam gardens, beautiful corals and a wide variety of fish.
Explore the white sands of the coral cays, soak up the sun and swim in turquoise clear waters.
A tropical buffet lunch, morning and afternoon teas & coffees, supplied by local plantations, will compliment a day of adventure and relaxation.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring towel, swimsuit, sunscreen and hat
- Underwater Camera's available for hire $55 for the day
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The health and safety of our customers and employees is and always has been our highest priority. Our new operating procedures bring together a number of new and existing wellbeing measures to give you peace of mind when you travel with Sailaway.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.