Outlander Film Locations Day Trip from Edinburgh
Imagine walking in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire from the hit series Outlander, with a local Scottish Guide regaling all the gruesome history and stories that made this an epic hit. We take you on a journey to some of the most famous scenes from the hit series such as Midhope Castle the real-life Lallybroch, Doune Castle, the seat of Clan MacKenzie and the beautiful coastal village of Dysart used as the port of Le Havre. Your Guide will give you an insight into the history and stories of each location, making this the perfect trip for those looking for a quick Outlander fix.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Souvenir map
- WiFi on board coach
- Entry/Admission - Midhope Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
We make our first stop at Linlithgow Palace known as Wentworth Prison in the show.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
We then visit Doune Castle, one of Scotland’s best preserved medieval castles and used as the setting for Castle Leoch in Outlander. You’ll have time to explore this historic stronghold.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Culross, Culross, Fife, Scotland
Our journey takes us on to the Kingdom of Fife, an area of great historical importance and the ancestral home of Scottish monarchs. We make a stop at Culross, where Claire was accused of witchcraft in the village of ‘Cranesmuir’. This charming village is the most complete example of a 17th and 18th century burgh in Scotland today.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Falkland, Falkland, Fife, Scotland
After lunch we will continue to the village of Falkland, used for filming 1940’s Inverness. With over 28 listed buildings it gives a good representation of this period.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Midhope Castle, Near Abercorn, South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH52 6QZ Scotland
Our final stop is at Midhope Castle, the real-life Lallybroch, arriving back in Edinburgh early evening.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Highland Explorer Tours, 60 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, UK
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 23 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Unfortunately we are unable to carry children under 5 years old, and anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There are no maximum age restrictions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.