Overnight Delphi and Meteora Tour from Athens with Spanish-Speaking Guide
Visit Delphi and Meteora on an overnight tour from Athens, led by a Spanish-speaking guide! After exploring Delphi’s UNESCO-listed archeological site and museum, head to Kalambaka – the city known as the gateway to Meteora – where your 3- or 4-star hotel accommodation awaits. Explore two cliff-top monasteries in Meteora the next day, and then return to Athens.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel accomodation (A class / T class)
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Athens hotel pick-up/drop-off (selected hotels)
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Apollo
- Entry/Admission - Delphi Archaeological Museum
- Entry/Admission - Great Meteoron Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Monastery of St. Stephen
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation tax
Day 1: Athens - Delphi - Kalambaka
Stop At: Temple of Apollo, Delphi Greece
Leave your central Athens hotel and travel to Delphi with your Spanish-speaking guide, passing through the towns of Levadia and Arachova – both famous for their production of brightly colored carpets. First stop is a tour of the Delphi archeological site – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and easily one of the most important digs in Europe. As you walk around the evocative ruins with your guide, see famous monuments like the Sanctuary of Athena.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Delphi Archaeological Museum, Ethniki Odos Amfissas - Livadias, Delphi 330 54 Greece
Head inside Delphi Archeological Museum and explore this veritable treasure trove at leisure. Home to countless artifacts and intriguing relics, the museum consists of 15 rooms arranged in chronological order from 15th century BC to 4th century AD. Be sure to check out the bronze Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
After eating lunch in Delphi (own expense), continue by coach to Kalambaka – a modern town that’s often known as the gateway to Meteora. Check in to your hotel in time for dinner, and then spend your night at leisure.
Accommodation included: Overnight at 3* or 4* hotel
Day 2: Kalambaka - Meteora Monasteries - Athens
Stop At: Great Meteoron Monastery, Eparhiacos dromos Meteoron, Kalambaka 42200 Greece
Check out of your hotel after breakfast, and visit the nearby rock towers of Meteora – incredible sandstone peaks topped with 11th-century monasteries. With your guide, make your way to visit two monasteries, enjoying breathtaking panoramic views from the top.
Head inside Great Meteoron Monastery – the highest and largest monastery of Meteora – and hear a fascinating insight into its history from your guide. Learn how it was built in the 14th-century by a monk who, according to legend, flew up to the top of the rock on the back of an eagle. Drink in the views from the monastery windows, and visit the Church of the Transfiguration to see its ornate 16th-century nave.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Monastery of St. Stephen, Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
The second monastery of your visit is Agios Stefanos, a building that’s now used as a nunnery. Explore the ruins with your guide, and admire the fresco of the Virgin Mary in the main refectory that is said to date back to the 15th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Key Tours, Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athens Greece
Return to your coach and travel back to Athens, stopping in the town of Thermopylae and at Kamena Vourla hot springs. Arrive back in Athens in the early evening.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up/drop off service from/to Athens centrally located hotels.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Appropriate clothing is required for the entrance to the monasteries. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax has been applied and should be paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels - 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels - 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels - 1.5 Euro per room/per night.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.