Overnight South Coast and Glacier Lagoon Tour with Glacier Hike
This overnight tour of South Iceland takes you from Reykjavik along the south shore to the exceptional Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon at the edge of Vatnajökull glacier. On the way you will visit some of Iceland‘s main attractions and travel past infamous volcanoes such as Hekla and Mt. Katla and Eyjafjallajokull glacier, and ends with an exhilarating hike on Svínafellsjökull, an especially picturesque region of Vatnajökull glacier.. All while enjoying the commentary of an expert tour guide. Accommodation for your overnight stay is at the Gerdi Country Hotel.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Overnight accommodation
- Glacier hike with certified glacier guide
- Necessary safety gear for glacier hiking
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Vatnajokull Glacier
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Day 1: Reykjavik to Jokulsarlon
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
The road is lined with waterfalls, including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss. Enjoy the magical atmosphere created by the mists and revel in the excitement as you watch the water thunder down the falls from its crest. These waterfalls are incredibly special because you can get so close to them that you feel the spray on your face. Walk to the very base of Skogafoss, to witness the sheer power of the crashing water.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vik, Vik, South Region
Short lunch break in the village of Vik.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Vatnajokull Glacier, Vatnajokull National Park Iceland
We will pass along the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajokull ice cap, the largest in Europe, and then through Skaftafell National Park. The park offers epic vistas of mountains, rivers and endless plains of sand.
Stop At: Jökulsárlón, Iceland
Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon appears before your eyes in great swathes of glittering blue and white. Your gaze follows the gradients of pale blue, turquoise, teal and deepest navy as you peer down into the crystal clear waters. You might recognise this otherworldly and achingly beautiful location from films such as Die Another Day and Tomb Raider.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at Gerdi Guesthouse, a small family-owned country hotel near the ocean with views of the glacier.
Day 2: Glacier Hike and back to Reykjavik
Stop At: Vatnajokull Glacier, Vatnajokull National Park Iceland
Travel by superjeep to the glacier where a specialist guide will give you a briefing before accompanying you on a spectacular glacier walk.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Jokulsarlon, Jokulsarlon, East Region
Return to the glacier lagoon, where you will have time to explore more of the area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Diamond Beach, Diamond Head Drive Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon, Jokulsarlon Iceland
Before getting on the bus back to Reykjavik, check out the Diamond Beach where you can see icebergs that have washed up on the black sand beach.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
We will stop at Seljalandsfoss waterfall, that you probably caught a glimpse of the previous day. If time and conditions allow, try to take the path behind Seljalandsfoss and marvel at the magnificent wall of water before you as you gaze out across the expanse of green meadowland and beyond to the sea.
Duration: 20 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Gray Line Bus Terminal, Klettagarðar 4, 104, Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from all major Reykjavik hotels upon request. Please note that in some cases the pickup might not be directly in front of the hotel, but rather at a nearby bus stop due to traffic restrictions. Ports
- Skarfabakki cruise port
- Miðbakki cruise port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weather in Iceland can be harsh and unpredictable, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • Allow access only via the back door of the vehicle if possible. • Ask passengers to spread throughout the vehicles as possible. • Masks are only required for those who are coughing or sneezing. • May need to present COVID-19 free results from testing at the airport.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.