Oxford & the Cotswolds Family Taxi Tour
Oxford: The city of dreaming spires. explore this great city and more on this wonderful family fun packed day out in a London Taxi.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Leaving London we head out into the Oxfordshire countryside to arrive at Oxford, the “City of Dreaming Spires,” midmorning. This ancient city boasts over one thousand listed buildings from every major period of British history from the 11th century onwards. As we explore the city you will find that it is an enchanted fairy tale area, full of mystery and wonder. No wonder Oxford has inspired famous writers and film makers over the years.
Your guide will show you the city and you will see the major attractions, such as the University of Oxford (which has 38 colleges) Bodleian Library. If you wish we will visit Carfax Tower which is located at the north-west corner of Carfax. The Tower is all that remains of the 13th century St. Martin's Church and is now considered to be the centre of the city. The name "Carfax" derives from the French "carrefour", or "crossroads". You Guide will explain that and more to you as you pass each landmark and of course take lots of photographs.
Why not climb to the top of the spire at St Mary the Virgin Church. This is the largest of Oxford's parish churches. St Mary's has one of the most beautiful spires in England and a very eccentric baroque porch. If you do climb to the top you will see fantastic views across this historic university city. Your guide will also show you such places as Radcliffe Square, the Radcliffe Camera, Brasenose College and All Souls College.
There is so much to see in the city, but don’t take our word for it come and take the tour and see for yourself. Once we have completed our few hours in Oxford it is off into the Cotswolds to have lunch lunch in a 300 year old British Pub After lunch we then drive on to the churchyard at Bladon where Winston Churchill is buried. Just a short drive here sees us arriving at Blenheim Palace. This is the home to the 12th Duke of Marlborough and birthplace of Winston Churchill. Blenheim Palace was built between 1705-1722 to celebrate victory over the French in the War of the Spanish Succession.You have choice of staying and visiting the palace (entry fees own expense)or we carry on and travel into the Cotswold villages. Visit a selection of villages such as Burford, Stow on the Wold, Bampton, Moreton in Marsh, The Slaughters, there is an endless list to see time permitting.
We will stop and get a history of each village we list,plus why not stop and have an English Cream tea, before returning to London.
This is a fantastic friendly family fun day tour
Departure Point :150 London Wall, Barbican, London EC2Y 5HN, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
eparture Point: Centrally located London accommodation (Zone1)Address: Hotel Pick Up in Zone 1 A Central London Hotel or location is one with a post code (or zip code) of: E1, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, N1, SE1, SW1, SW3, SW7, W1, W2, W8, WC1, WC2.Dates: DailyReturn point: Covent Garden or Central London Hotel
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.