Oxford, Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle Day Trip from London
Discover over a thousand years of history at one of England’s most beautiful medieval castles before visiting the picturesque town of Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. Finally, head off to explore the historic city of Oxford on a walking tour of the city with your expert guide.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Expert guide
- Entry to Warwick Castle (if option selected)
- Entry to Shakespeare's Birthplace (if option selected)
- Walking Tour of Oxford
- Superior Coach incl. Wifi & USB charging on board
- Personal audio headset
- Entry/Admission - Warwick Castle
- Entry/Admission - Shakespeare's Birthplace
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Bridge of Sighs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Warwick Castle, Castle Lane, Warwick CV34 4QU England
Over a thousand years of history are waiting to be discovered at this fantastic medieval castle. Set against the River Avon within 64 acres of landscaped parkland, this beautiful castle once belonged to the most powerful man in England, The Earl of Warwick.
Learn how the 'Kingmaker' was the only man who dared defy the King, and how he defeated the armies of King Edward IV in battle before taking the King himself as a prisoner. Explore the lavishly decorated State Rooms and 17th-century Great Hall; a room boasting an impressive collection of artefacts including suits of armour and medieval weapons.
In the castle's 14th-century gaol, the original dungeon, see graffiti left behind by prisoners hundreds of years ago. How many names can you spot?
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Shakespeare's Birthplace, Henley Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6QW England
This ancient market town is perhaps most famous for being the birthplace of William Shakespeare, widely regarded to be the greatest writer in English literature and the world's greatest ever dramatist. You'll visit the 16th-century half-timbered house where Shakespeare was born in 1564 and grew up. Enjoy a fascinating insight into tales of his family life and admire rare artefacts on displays from the Shakespeare Trust's world-class collections.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England
This picturesque market town is most famous for being the birthplace of William Shakespeare, widely regarded to be the greatest writer in English literature and the world's preeminent dramatist.
Here, you'll visit the 16th-century half-timbered house where Shakespeare was born in 1564 and grew up. Enjoy a fascinating insight into tales of his family life and admire rare artefacts on displays from the Shakespeare Trust's world-class collections.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Cotswolds, Cotswolds, England
Covering almost 800 square miles and no fewer than five English counties, the Cotswolds are the single largest designated Area of Natural Beauty in the UK. Get your cameras at the ready as we drive through the unremittingly pretty countryside on our way to our next destination.
Pass By: Bodleian Library Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3BG England
The Bodleian Library is the main research library of the University of Oxford, and is one of the oldest libraries in Europe. With over 12 million items, it is the second-largest library in Britain after the British Library.
Pass By: Christ Church, St. Aldates, Oxford OX1 1DP England
In Christ Church college, you will be visiting one of the University's most prestigious colleges. Founded by Henry VIII in 1532, Christ Church also functions as the UK's smallest cathedral.
Its beautiful architecture has seen it featured in movies such as Harry Potter and The Golden Compass, while it has also inspired replicas around the world. The famous dining hall, for example, has been reproduced in Cornell University & the University of Chicago. The dining hall in all Harry Potter movies is modelled on the Christchurch dining hall!
Stop At: Bridge of Sighs, New College Ln., Oxford OX1 3BL England
Hertford Bridge, often called "the Bridge of Sighs", is a skyway joining two parts of Hertford College over New College Lane in Oxford, England. Its distinctive design makes it a city landmark.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Oxford, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Our final stop, also known as 'The City of Dreaming Spires', is the UK's most famous university town and home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world, the University of Oxford. Enjoy a walking tour through the city with your expert guide, who will bring the charm and history of this incredible city to life.
Oxford is the only place in the country where you will find examples of every architectural period going as far back as Saxon times. Little surprise, then, that this beautiful city has been the filming location for countless movies and TV series over the years, including the Harry Potter film series.
As you wander its cobbled streets with your guide, you will see sights including Bridge of Sighs, Trinity College, the Ashmolean Museum and The Sheldonian Theatre.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Victoria Coach Station, Belgravia, London SW1W 9RH, UK
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Vauxhall Bridge Road, Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Pimlico, London, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Limited vehicle capacity empty seats left next to single travellers & odd numbered groups / Personal audio headsets provided to maintain distancing / Inclusions vetted to ensure they adhere to safety measures / E-tickets only no paper tickets / Staff newly trained in safety measures
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.