Oyster Farm Tour & Oyster Tasting. Letterfrack,Connemara.Guided.1 hour
Food evokes all our senses – taste, smell, vision and feel. A tour of the Connemara Oyster farm truly excites all our senses. Smell the fresh Wild Atlantic air. See the farm crew working hard in the water to grow the most perfectly formed oysters. Shuck your own oyster and take a punt at the weight of an oyster, again learning more about the work put in to create flawless oysters. And, of course finish your tour with a taste of a beautiful fresh oyster! The tour lasts approximately 1 hour and goes through the whole process of how the farm brings the oysters from seeds right through to your plate. It is perfect for anyone interested in Irish culture, tradition, seafood or just loves Connemara!, as we are situated in a coastal location with stunning views on the Wild Atlantic Way. Visitors can also enjoy the fruits of the farm as they can purchase some fresh oysters to bring home with them.
per adult from
What's included :
- Explanation of Life Cycle of the Oyster
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides
- Guided tour of the oyster farm and fresh oyster tasting per person
- Entry/Admission - DK Connemara Oysters
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: DK Connemara Oysters, Ballinakill Bay, Dawros, Letterfrack, Connemara, Co Galway, Dawros More Ireland
See the farm crew working hard in the water to grow the most perfectly formed oysters. Shuck your own oyster and take a punt at the weight of an oyster, again learning more about the work put in to create flawless oysters. And, of course finish your tour with a taste of a beautiful fresh oyster!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden, Connemara On the N59 between Clifden and Westport, Kylemore Ireland
Close to the oyster farm is Kylemore Abbey and Victorian walled garden. The Abbey with its beautifully restored rooms, fascinating vistor experience centre explaining its history of tragedy, romance, education and spirituality. Explore the 6 acre walled garden and its garden buildings, formal flower, vegetable and herb gardens. All set in a woodland wonderland.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Co. Galway, Ireland
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.