Pablo Escobar and Comuna 13 Small-Group Half-Day Tour
Join this Small group half day guided tour any day of the week and learn more about the life of Pablo Escobar, his impact on the community, and the new version of a very resilient and improved Medellin. Visiting places where Pablo lived while narrating stories about the past and present of this beautiful city that was hurt in so many ways by the drug cartels, also includes transport by air-conditioned minivan.
Departure every day at 9 AM from central location in El Poblado, perhaps you are lucky this date and will have a tour guided by Carlos the cop.
This tour will provide a great learning experience as to what should NOT happen in society and which characters should be the real heroes.
Tour focuses on the victims by telling stories of those who suffer most, like police officers and government officials. Since there is no glorification, at the end you will understand how resilient the people from Medellin have been.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Ask about upgrade to private tour for extra USD 70 if you are solo signed in 12 hrs before tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- if 12 hours before there is only 1 person signed, tour will be canceled and fully refunded.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Escaleras Electricas De La Comuna 13, Carrera 110, Medellin Colombia
Next at La Catedral, Pablo´s private prison, lush hillside to enjoy panoramic city views and to visualize how he decided to work with the Colombian government at one point.
The tour leaves La Catedral as you are informed about Escobar´s escape and the upcoming pursuit that lasted 18 months until he finally got caught. At Los Olivos community, visit the block and the houses where Pablo got shot. Was it suicide or what has exactly happened? Make your own conclusions after hearing your guide´s information.
Next, tour stops at the cemetery where Pablo rests along with his family members. Take this opportunity to learn how Pablo got started by the black widow (Griselda Blanco), whose grave is located just steps from his.
Finally, the tour takes you to one of the humblest communities where you´ll realize how Medellin went from the most violent to the most innovative city in the world. At comuna 13 you will understand how Medellin has been so resilient by admiring the colorful street art and outstanding infrastructure such as the largest outdoor escalator in America.
At the end, minivan goes back to the initial starting point.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Parque El Poblado, Calle 10 y Carrera 43A, Medellin 050014 Colombia
Drive close to
Pass By: Parque Lleras, Carrera 37a 9 9A Zona Rosa, Poblado District, Medellin 050021 Colombia
Pass By: Medellin Metrocable, Medellin Colombia
Stop At: Envigado, Envigado, Antioquia Department
Go all the way up the hill and visit Pablo`s private prison
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Cementerio Jardines Montesacro, Carrera 42 25 51, Itagui 055413 Colombia
Visit Pablo`s grave and also learn about his closest family and the black widow.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Medellin, Medellin, Antioquia Department
Compare the old vs new Medellin
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Monasterio Santa Gertrudis La Magna, Vereda Valle De La Miel La Catedral Zona Rural, Envigado Colombia
Visit Pablo’s private prison and enjoy the views from the so called cathedral
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Parque Lleras, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Guides are required to wear masks
- Travelers are required to wear masks
- Private groups, no interaction with other travelers
- Guides: Temperature is measured at the beginning of each working day
- Periodic disinfection of vehicles
- Use of antibacterial gel and alcohol
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.