Pacaya Volcano Hikking from Guatemala city
Pacaya volcano is one of the many (active) located around Antigua, the former capital of Guatemala, and perhaps the most accessible. The last big eruption of Pacaya volcano was in 2010. Until 2016, it was actually possible to see lava from up close during the hike – different tour companies took different routes. During sunset hikes, as soon as it got a bit dark, the volcano could be seen throwing smoke and lava.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Pacaya Volcano
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pacaya Volcano, Antigua 05001 Guatemala
Travelers will be picked up from their hotel and transported by minibus to the Pacaya Volcano National Park. The trails are in good condition but it is steep until you reach Pacaya on a 3.7 kilometer course. As it rises, it will pass through forests, farmland and lava. You will walk on dirt and loose ash trails, so be sure to wear sturdy shoes.
At the summit, you will enjoy wonderful views of the fumaroles, which may be throwing ashes, rocks or lava. Have your camera ready to capture the eruptions, to maintain security you will be at a safe distance and out of danger. During this tour you will also have excellent views of the surroundings.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our representative will find you on hotel lobby mention your name, so we do recommended to be 15 minutes on advance.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.