PACHACAMAC, The Rome of the Andes
Visit the citadel of Pachacamac, the Rome of the Andes, its temples, streets, pyramids and cemeteries. The headquarters of the most famous oracle in the Andean world at that time, where men from all corners of the Tawantinsuyo empire arrived on a pilgrimage to inquire about their destiny and the destiny of their peoples. Thus they could know the future of important battles and about possible droughts and cataclysms.
Shared service BUT in one language (English or Spanish)
Groups of maximum 16 people.
Excursions with headphones in Lima and Cusco: explanation of the guide + audios with stories, effects and music.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Official tourism guide (English and Spanish)
- Permanent assistance
- Pick up and return to hotel
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the archaeological complex of Pachacamac and guided tour of the site museum and the complex
- Panoramic guidance through Barranco and the Reservoir of Villa Reservoir
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
We will drive you along the Pan-American Highway South to Pachacamac, the most important ceremonial center of the Peruvian coast during times before the Incas. Pilgrims visited this complex to worship the creator god Pachacamac. For centuries Pachacamac was occupied by different civilizations such as Lima, Wari, Ichma cultures and finally the Inca empire. However, Pachacamac's oracle was always considered a religious center. You can admire pyramid temples and streets of different periods, such as the temple of Los Adobitos and the Old temple (1st century AD), the Painted temple (8th century AD), a pyramid with a ramp (13th century AD) and the temple of the Sun (15th century AD). You will also visit the interesting Site Museum that exhibits ceramics, textiles and ornaments of shells and stones, as well as the wooden idol of Pachacamac found during the excavations of 1938.
At the end of the excursion, you can choose to stay shopping at the Indian Market, at the Larcomar Mall, or return to your hotel.
• Barranco, Lima Peru
• Pantanos de Villa, Vista Alegre, Lima 15067, Chorillos, Peru, Lima Peru
• Museo de Sitio y Santuario Arqueologico de Pachacamac, Antigua Carretera Panamericana Sur Km.31.5, Lurin Peru
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up time will be confirmed one day before the service. Due to the traffic conditions of the city, there could be a wait of 15 to 20 minutes.,
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.