Pacuare River Costa Rica Rafting Tour
The Real Pacuare River Rafting Tour. We really go to the heart of the Pacuare River, we navigate its rapids.
The Pacuare River is one of the best choices for your adventure treks in Costa Rica. No other trip in the country exists that offers you a perfect blend of wilderness exposure and excitement, all in one day.
The rapids here are “Terciopelo snake”, “Double drop”, “Upper and Lower Huacas”, “Pin ball” toname a few. You will also see the Huacas watefall, a 150 foot dramatic drop into the river.
After the gorge (rapid) the rivers opens up to a 5 mile stretch on the Valle del Pacuare, where the river has a different character. It is wide open, which gives you the opportunity to rest a bit and take the opportunity to do some wildlife spotting. The main rapids here are “Cimarrones”, “The Play Hole”, “El Indio” and “Magnetic Rock”. The forest remains just as lush, and the rapids just as fun.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Rafting Tour, class III and IV on the exciting Pacuare River. The natural scenery around the Pacuare River is impressive. You will see a lot of nature and enjoy the most beautiful river in Costa Rica.
We have daily departures from San José, the Caribbean Coast and the Arenal Volcano, giving you the choice to start and finish at the place of your convenience.
Upon arrival to the river we will gear you up with a life jacket, helmet and paddle and then brief you with a full safety orientation talk. Finally, it is time to take off down the rapids!
The first 4 miles consist of fun class II-III rapids which is a perfect time to test your new river skills and gain confidence in your team. Here you can find pockets of secondary growth forest that is extremely beautiful. After about 40 minutes we will enter the famous Pacuare River Gorge, which is 5 miles of some of the best white water Costa Rica has to offer. The rapids here are “Terciopelo snake”, “Double drop”, “Upper and Lower Huacas”, “Pin ball” to name a few. You will also see the Huacas waterfall, a 150 foot dramatic drop into the river.
We finish at our own private Exploration Center where you can take a shower.
• Pacuare River, Cartago Costa Rica
• Costa Rican style lunch - Rice with a type of meat, vegetable salad, dessert.
• Costa Rican Breakfast - Seasonal fruits, eggs, yogurt, juices.
Departure Point :Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, 5th Avenue 5th Street, El Carmen, San José, 10101, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Tour will have a maximum capacity of 50% of visitors. Our shuttle will pick you up at your hotel
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.