Pacuare River Whitewater Rafting from San Jose
The Pacuare river rafting is one of the best adventure water tours in Costa Rica. The 18-mile one day run includes a total of 52 rapids.
Pacuare River is world famous for its sheer beauty. A true river gorge, it is flanked by steep, green walls. Here you enjoy the feeling of total isolation from urban life and the realness of being connected with nature. You see waterfalls cascade into the river from both sides as colorful, tropical birds fly right over your head. Amazing views of this virgin tropical rainforest area appear before your eyes as you descend this true exploratory land. Wildlife is abundant, with sloth, toucans, parrots, coatis, morpho butterflies and colorful frogs being common sights.
Do not miss the opportunity to explore this experience that combines the most beautiful rainforest with the adrenaline of the rapids.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air conditioned transportation
What's excluded :
The first 4 miles consist of fun class II-III rapids that let you test your river skills and gain confidence in your team. Here you can find pockets of beautiful secondary growth forest. After about 40 minutes, you will enter the famous Pacuare River Gorge, a 5-mile (8 kilometer) stretch of some of the best white water Costa Rica has to offer. The rapids here are "Terciopelo Snake," "Double Drop," "Upper and Lower Huacas," and "Pin Ball," to name a few. You will also see the Huacas Waterfall, a 150-foot (45 meter) dramatic drop into the river.
After the gorge, the rivers opens up to a 5-mile (8 kilometer) stretch on the Valle del Pacuare, where the river has a different character. It is wide open, which gives you the opportunity to rest a bit and take the opportunity to do some wildlife spotting. The main rapids here are "Cimarrones," "The Play Hole," "El Indio," and "Magnetic Rock." The forest remains just as lush, and the rapids just as fun.
You will finish in Siquirres, where you can take a shower, change clothes, and enjoy the gardens and terrace while having a beer or two and reflecting with your new friends about the great adventure you just shared.
• Pacuare River, Cartago Costa Rica
• Costa Rica Groups Travel Company, San Jose Costa Rica
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.