Padre Pio and St. Michael the Archangel's Sanctuary - Private Tour from Rome
San Giovanni Rotondo is famous for his work in the city of St. Pius (known as Padre Pio) of Pietrelcina, and the city where the venerated monk worked his miracles. Pio was beatified in 2002. In the Capuchin Monastery Padre Pio received the stigmata in 1918, and where all those supernatural events led to his sainthood and canonization took place as well. It is a destination that the tourists and tourists should make every effort to visit. The Church's crypt also hosted, up until a few years ago, the tomb of St. Pio. The Sanctuary of the Archangel Michael, or Saint Michael, in the grotto dates from the 5th - 6th centuries and the site where devotion to the Archangel Michael began. The original grotto of San Michele is said to have been consecrated by the archangel and is the only church not consecrated by human hands.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Entrance to the Church of St. Pius "Great Church"
- Visit of the cript which hosts the body of St. Pio
- Entrance to the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Entrance ticket at St. Pio's Museum
- Entrance to the Sanctuary of Archangel Michael in Mount St. Angelo
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di San Pio
- Entry/Admission - Convento Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Entry/Admission - Santuario di San Michele Arcangelo
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiesa di San Pio, Via Giuseppe de Nunzio n. 13, 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo Italy
After the death of Padre Pio, the Saints friars thought of constructing new church, because it is too sensitive to the material and spiritual needs of the devotees, the existing church could not contain. Renzo Piano, so that it could accommodate 6,500 people. For its size it is the second largest church in Italy, after St. Peter's Church in Rome.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Convento Santa Maria delle Grazie, Viale Padre Pio, 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo Italy
Long dedicated to Santa Maria delle Grazie, the new Sanctuary conceived by Renzo Piano deals - with its enormous conch-shell structure - and represents the second largest church in Italy after Milan's Duomo. The new Sanctuary was almost entirely financed by the offerings of pilgrims. Today it can hold up to 6,500 people at once.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Santuario di San Michele Arcangelo, Via Reale Basilica 127, 71037 Monte Sant'Angelo Italy
St. Michael Pilgrimage Shrine consists of the original Sanctuary of the Archangel Michael in a grotto and the crypt and devotional museums. It is easy to find the shrine as the octagonal bell tower, built in the 13th century, rises above the town of Monte Sant'Angelo on Puglia's Gargano Promontory. From the small bell tower, pilgrims and tourists pass through the Gothic arches of San Michele. Descending the long stone staircase built in the 13th century (or for the disabled), visitors arrive in the ship with frescoes and murals. On the Bronze doors, made in 1076 in Constantinople, are 24 panels depicting Bible scenes. The doors lead to the cave of Saint Michael. The Sanctuary of the Archangel Michael, or Saint Michael, in the grotto dates from the 5th - 6th centuries and the site where devotion to the Archangel Michael began. The original grotto of San Michele is said to have been consecrated by the archangel and is the only church not consecrated by human hands.
The Shrine is on the ancient Sacred Langobardorum Street, connecting important Longobard sites, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a stop on the Pilgrimage route for devotees of the Archangel Michael that connects Mont St Michelin.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 7:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- Dress code required: knees and shoulders must be covered
- Wheelchair available on request. Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.